paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: paint

Was the inside of the '53 coupe painted the body color,or just primed ??--Larry

It was painted the Main (Lower) Body Color, but I can't think of any area that shows when the Interior is installed.

My L.A. Built '54 Starliner has a fully undercoated Floor and Trunk and even that is painted Coral Red.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

paint

Hey Rich---Thanks for the info.--I just bought an amazing '53 body & frame--came from Az.---I have a complete '53 Stude Starlight coupe, but was a Mich. car, so the floors & trunk area are rusted through. So, now to transfer everything !--going to paint it the Cream color (almost identical to the Chrysler 300 color), with the Red Naughyde interior---Thanks again, Larry

Comment

My early '53 K body was built in South Bend. The interior and trunk areas are flat primer gray, a medium-dark gray to my eyes. The underside of the hood is also gray with lightly oversprayed exterior color around the edges. So, was your car built in LA, or South Bend?
        Rich G

Comment

Originally posted by shierlarjan View Post
          Hey Rich---Thanks for the info.--I just bought an amazing '53 body & frame--came from Az.---I have a complete '53 Stude Starlight coupe, but was a Mich. car, so the floors & trunk area are rusted through. So, now to transfer everything !--going to paint it the Cream color (almost identical to the Chrysler 300 color), with the Red Naughyde interior---Thanks again, Larry
          1953s had a red vinyl interior, but it was NOT Naugahyde.
          Leather was also a rare option, in the same pattern and colors as the vinyl.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

like Studerich said. my 1953 Commander starlight was undercoated & then sprayed Coral Red...ALMOST EVERYWHERE. Inside trunk was grey, however.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              1953s had a red vinyl interior,
              Or Aerogray nylon. The interior of my South Bend built '53 C was a medium gray throughout, including the trunk, something I closely duplicated in the restoration. Click image for larger version

Name:	2003_0114Image0011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1716231
              The underside was painted body color before the rustproofing/sound deadener was applied.
              The interior trim was painted Loma gray; all 67 pieces. Here's a pretty spot on formula for that. Click image for larger version

Name:	Loma Grey paint.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1716232

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0440.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1716233 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0441.jpg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1716234 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0443.jpg
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1716235 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0444.jpg
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1716236
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10,
              '51 Commander Starlight,
              '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Our '53 Coupe (LA car) is also completely painted body color inside trunk and all.

Comment

Working...
                X