1951 Turn Signal Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 1951 Turn Signal Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for a directional turn signal kit on a 1951 Studebaker Commander with automatic transmission? I reached out to the custodian at the template site and was informed that he will not be back until 9/11/17. If anyone has an original copy for which to scan/share please let me know.

Thank you
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

I have a copy for a 52. Since the dash is almost identical that part should be the same. I think the 51 uses 2 junction blocks, one on each side, for the wiring to the lights where the 52 uses one in the middle of the radiator shroud. Otherwise the diagram should apply.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 52-fan; 09-01-2017, 04:10 PM.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

just posting for the info. the turn signals on the '51 aren't working. i use hand signals but i don't think anyone under 60 knows what they mean!
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

1951 instructions are near identical to 1952
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1951.TS.inst0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1716181Click image for larger version

Name:	1951.TS.inst0002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1716182
        AL SORAN RACING

Comment

OR, see your OTHER String, Post #5 over on the Tech Forum where this belongs:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...asher-Question
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            OR, see your OTHER String, Post #5 over on the Tech Forum where this belongs:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...asher-Question
            Sorry for the mix up guys, I was thinking there was a "dummy" accessory instruction sheet aside from the one you provided me on the other post.....apparently they are one in the same. It does appear that these scans that have been provided does provide some additional information. Thank you all for your help.
            1947 Studebaker M-5
            1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

I recently installed an NOS turn signal switch on a friend's '51, and I did have to get some of the correct type sockets from a parts car, as well as a multi-pin plastic connector (both side for male pins). Also you will need double filament sockets/bulbs for the front parking lights, as the rears already have them. Once you figure out the wiring it's fairly easy to hook up....and no more hand signals!

Comment

Hello Guys,

Thank you for all of your help. After reading the installation page with the parts contents of the kit I realized that the front parking lamp bulbs I was using were not the correct type. I was able to reference the number provided on the page and happened to have then on hand. Once I replaced the light bulbs, PRESTO! All is working now.
                1947 Studebaker M-5
                1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Working...
                X