Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Interior door trim - 52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior door trim - 52

I need to ask, what is the proper way these lower kick plates are attached to the door?

Mine have so many holes drilled in them its hard to tell what was happening here once.

Dan
    52 hardtop
    www.studebakerhardtop.com

I believe they had rectangular clips that had long "prongs" stamped into the clip. These prongs pushed through the door panel- and were folded over the cardboard. Then the door panel was installed to the door using the push-in type clips that go into the holes around the outer perimeter of the interior door face.

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

What Ray said.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hmmm. Well, I guess the 470 holes drilled in mine were added later. Kind of figured.
        No surprise, they were laying in the trunk when I bought this basket case 10 years ago.
        Thanks for the fast answer.

Dan
        52 hardtop

Comment

Dan, I think I have a couple of sets of those that haven't been perforated. Want me to look?

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yea! I am interested Biggs. Mine are set aside, I'll dig them out and really decide whether I want to try saving them. I was thinking some nice stainless screws inside those raised washers would look OK, but as I recall there are way too many holes already.
            See what cha got and I'll be back here tomorrow.

Dan
            52 hardtop

Comment

Dan, I looked today and while I DO have two sets of these, neither of them are what I'd call "nice". They DON'T have holes in them, but they're dinged and tweaked and would take some rehabbing to look decent. They really need the talents of someone like the legendary Lark Parker to make them REALLY shine. A set could be yours for right reasonable!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

This weekend I will have some time to get out in the shop Biggs. I'll see if mine are saveable, and drop you an email.

I have followed Mr. Parkers stainless threads with great interest. I have even made a couple attempts on a few pieces here. So far my results have been less than stellar. My comparison to our trim guru comes out about like this...

Lark Parker, the Trim saver ---- And me, Starliner McBent, Trim mangler

-----------------

I'd be willing to give it another go however. I'll have to make a few calls todat and see if I can find a local source for catfish saliva.

Dan
                52 hardtop

Comment

i use a product called wenol. it is of germay manufacture. either available in red (ORIGINAL) OR MORE agressive blue. i became familar by use on bike, boats & planes for show. itis unbeliveable what it will do for ss or alum. available on ebay, online or super markets. i buy by the quart. thanks

HAYWARD/60 LARK
                  PIKEVILLE,KY.
                  US COAL CAPITAL

Comment

Well McBent, looking at those photos in your post, I was struck by how the two characters shown could constitute the law enforcement of some sleepy little southern town.
                    There's the cagey, quick-quippin' hunk of a Sheriff and his well-meaning, klutzy doofus of a deputy. Sounds like th makin's of a sitcom!

"Hey Andy! Me'n Goober's goin' down ta tha crick and see if'n we can catch us sum catfish. Goober's gonna sho me how ta polish up the chrome on muh ol' Stoodeebayker a-usin' the spit from one them slimee critters. I'm wantin' mah car to be lookin' reel naice when I pick up Betty Rae fer the dance come Friday!"

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                    X