No announcement yet.

54 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do these help? excuse the cheap 'dryer' duct hose that was supposed to be 'temporary'...lasted 5 years now, can't believe it! cheers, junior
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
      do these help? excuse the cheap 'dryer' duct hose that was supposed to be 'temporary'...lasted 5 years now, can't believe it! cheers, junior
      And I thought it was a chore to install those ducts on my 63! I pity those who were in charge of this on the assembly line.
      sigpic

Comment

I never thought it would hang on the underside like that catching all the mud, muck, and snow. Wiring, electric motors, flexible tubes, what the hell. I guess they were embarrassed to show that in the manual. I'll have to come up with some kind of liner to protect all of that.
        1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

Thanks for the pictures ! They helped a lot. I kept thinking it went inside the engine compartment.

Originally posted by junior View Post
          1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

As you are already acquainted with C.E., you could order one of these:
            sigpic

Comment

Awesome, and I will be ordering all of these. My headlight buckets are crappy from holding dirt and crud. Thanks for sharing this !

Originally posted by christophe View Post
              As you are already acquainted with C.E., you could order one of these:

Comment

On my 54 "W" body the heater motor was completely covered with dirt and undercoating, the metal duct from the motor to the air inlet was completely rusted beyond reclamation. A kind chap in Northern California had a replacement, I was very lucky. I am now going to create a substantial deflector for the assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
                  On my 54 "W" body the heater motor was completely covered with dirt and undercoating, the metal duct from the motor to the air inlet was completely rusted beyond reclamation. A kind chap in Northern California had a replacement, I was very lucky. I am now going to create a substantial deflector for the assembly.
                  I still can't believe they built them for 3 or 4 years like this. I'm going to see first if I too can make something of my own before spending more money.

Comment

Originally posted by poweroptions View Post
                    I still can't believe they built them for 3 or 4 years like this. I'm going to see first if I too can make something of my own before spending more money.
                    THREE OR FOUR? How about ALL Models from 1953 to 1958 and '59 to '62 C & K's?
                    Lets see, without any help from our Forum Numbers Guru, if I can figure this out!

That's 10 Years, if you don't count the slightly better '47-'52 Climitizer System.
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-19-2017, 08:16 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

WTH, I replaced all four fenders on the 54. They had been repaired 3 or 4 times, cut out, welded and reworked because of the rust. I thought at the point it was the best way to get rid of the rust for once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                      X