Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disc brake pad model interchange Avanti plus..............

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brakes: Disc brake pad model interchange Avanti plus..............

    Alvis TD 21, 3 litre Mk II, 1962-1963.

    Alvis TE 21, 3 litre Mk III, 1963-1964.

    Alvis TE 21S, 3 litre Mk IV, 1965-1966.

    Alvis TF 21, 1967-1968.

    Aston Martin DB4, 1958-1960

    Aston Martin DB4, 1960-1964, rear only.

    Aston Martin DB4, 1964-1965.

    Bristol 407 & 408, 1961-1965.

    Daimler Majestic, 3.8, 1959-1962.

    Daimler Majestic Major 4.5, 1960-1968, rear only.

    Daimler Limousine DR 450, 1961-1968, rear only.

    Daimler 2.5 litre, V8 saloon, 1962-1967.

    Daimler V8-250, 1967-1968.

    Jensen 541 de Luxe, 541 R & 541 S, 1959-1962.

    Jensen CV8, Mk I, Mk II, Mk III, 1962-1968.

    Jensen Interceptor & FF, 1966-1968.

    Jaguar XK 150, & XK 150S, 1958-1960.

    Jaguar 2.4, 3.4 litre, Mk I & II, 3.8 litre Mk II, 1958-1967.

    Jaguar Mk IX, 1958- 1961, rear only.

    Jaguar Mk X, 3.8, 1961-1964.

    Jaguar 'E' type, 3.8 & 4.2, 1962-1968.

  • #2
    Raybestos WD-702

    Repco D-52

    Tomco 702

    NAPA S-702

    Datsun 60-68

    GTA 2000

    60-66 PL 310

    MB 60-63 SE and 300SL

    MG 59-61

    Comment


    • #3
      Mintex:702
      Girling: GDB 702
      Lucas: GP 52

      Comment


      • #4
        I would never use anything other than these since they became available. You will not believe the difference.
        https://www.summitracing.com/search/...r/model/avanti
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com


        "Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
          I would never use anything other than these since they became available. You will not believe the difference.
          https://www.summitracing.com/search/...r/model/avanti
          I have heard about the, "Green Stuff" and supposedly it is excellent. I believe that material is available in shoe re-liner, to fit our 10" and 11" shoe cores. With that stuff on all four drums, there may be no real need for disc brakes on Studes, except for pulling to one side or another.

          Comment


          • #6
            If the Pads show up with TWO Metal Tabs on them like the Pic. they will not bolt to the center Location "Keeper Clip" that they must.

            They also Fit Toyota Crown Sedans.

            It looks like the rumors are TRUE... Elvis LIVES!


            Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
            Alvis TD 21, 3 litre Mk II, 1962-1963.

            Alvis TE 21, 3 litre Mk III, 1963-1964.

            Alvis TE 21S, 3 litre Mk IV, 1965-1966.

            Alvis TF 21, 1967-1968./Cut/
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              If the Pads show up with TWO Metal Tabs on them like the Pic. they will not bolt to the center Location "Keeper Clip" that they must.

              They also Fit Toyota Crown Sedans.

              It looks like the rumors are TRUE... Elvis LIVES!


              ??????? The pads don't bolt to anything. Never have. Stock or aftermarket. They slide over the piston retractor button. All the tabs provide is a way to grab something to remove them after you remove the top retainer.The tabs, (stock or otherwise) do not bolt to the retainer, and in fact do not touch it. The retainer is a separate piece altogether. If they are too close to your retainer, then bend them out of the way, problem solved. Most every pad listed has to be carefully fit to slide properly in the caliper bridge, don't forget this important step. Put a good silicone grease between the piston and pad to cut down squeeling, and make future removal easier.
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com


              "Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

              Comment

              Working...
              X