Need some technical help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some technical help.

Recently my father passed away due to cancer. As his only son, I inherited many of his possessions. One of which was an old Studebaker engine. He always talked about how we were going to build my very own Stud, but unfortunately that time never came.

My father was a jack of all trades. Master Mechanic, Architect, Welder, Plumber, he did it all... but being so young at the time, I did not want to learn about much of the techniques and skills he wanted to teach me.

I'll get down to it. As of now I have only two pictures of the engine. It's sitting in U-Haul on my property in the country. It's been nearly 3 years since it was cranked, and I'm hoping nothing serious has resulted from this. There are shelves built around the engine so it's very difficult get pictures from other angles, though, I will try again soon.

I don't have any information on the engine, all I know is it's there in full and there is a matching Super Charger w/ it.
    Basically what I'm looking for is any information from the images available. Ie: Where it was made, what year, engine size.

Sure would help if people would put some general location in their posts. It helps to know if its feasible to consider hauling a large part or engine . This occurs a lot also on the Studebaker Swap Page . Good luck .
    Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

No way of telling from the pictures, could be a 224,232,259 or 289 cu.in, but if I had to guess, it's a pre 1962 engine. If you can read the engine number stamped on the block to the right front of the cam galley cover on top of the block we can tell you.

JDP/Maryland
      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
      spent to date $54664,75
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,839.60
      63 Lark 2 door
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks JDP, next time I'm at the location, I'll see what I can come up with.
        As to the previous poster, I'm not sure what you mean by "General location". Other than location the engine is parked... La Vernia, Texas, then I don't know what you mean.

Comment

The engine has 4 bolts on the valve covers and a generator. Since it has a supercharger I am thinking 1957 289 engine, but the only way to know for sure is by the numbers stamped on the smooth surface on the front driver's side top of the engine.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
          X