Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Pilot bearing R&R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch/Torque Converter: Pilot bearing R&R

Will the trans cross member come all the way out To drop the honking 5 speed overdrive NP HD. Need to replace pilot bearing- probably clutch and throw out bearing while I, in there. Should I pull the distributor for clearance? Roy 63 Champ Ps Can it really make the engine crap out at 24000rpm and make it seem like an ignition problem ?

Originally posted by roy fraley View Post
    Will the trans cross member come all the way out To drop the honking 5 speed overdrive NP HD. Need to replace pilot bearing- probably clutch and throw out bearing while I, in there. Should I pull the distributor for clearance? Roy 63 Champ Ps Can it really make the engine crap out at 24000rpm and make it seem like an ignition problem ?

NO it cannot, I am hoping that is 2400 RPM though!

See your OTHER Post on the same subject: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...earing-R-amp-R
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
    X