No announcement yet.

Locking Gascap for 59 lLark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Locking Gascap for 59 lLark?

Im looking for a locking gascap for my 59 Lark. I bought one of these, but it didnt fit in the opening in, it was too large. Anyone else know of another, smaller LOCKING gascap?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks

If it is made for later model cars, not fitting is the least of your problems; it needs to be vented and probably is not.
    Check with one of our Studebaker vendors for the correct cap.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Therein lies the problem with Amazon and other "on-line" sellers, if you can not handle and touch the Item, you may never know if it is what you want.

I still prefer the "Brick and Mortar" Stores any day of the week.
      The "other guys" will gladly sell you a Catalytic Converter fitting your 1953 Stude.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

You are more than welcome to this one. Took it off my '60 Lark at South Bend's International this past May when I found an original replacement.

It is vented and has two keys with it. Never liked the locking cap because there is not a lot of room to unlock. $5 plus whatever shipping might be - maybe the smallest priority box or something along those lines. PM if interested.

Last edited by 62champ; 08-25-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X