Champ Cab Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Champ Cab Mounts

I'm refurbishing a 63 Champ. One of it's previous owners put a floor in it and in the process somehow managed to get the cab on crooked. I'm trying to figure out how to raise the left side so it is even with the bed. I don't see where the rear of the cab is bolted on to the frame. There are two bolts/bushings in the front near the door hinges but where are the rear ones? The service manual doesn't cover this.

Thanks for any help
    Todd

The other cab mounts are under the rear of the cab on a cross member in the middle. More of the cab is supported at the mounts at the bottom of door posts. You'll need to unbolt front mounts, then jack it up and shim it til doors line up or cab sits somewhat level. Cabs before 8E's were left with the sedan frame mount which makes for good place to help support the cab. The replaced floor needs to be strong enough or reinforced enough to support cab at the support brackets on each side of the frame. Factory put a kinda flat cup lookin thing to help strengthen that area. Classic Enterprises is repro'ing those. So from the factory when those areas began to rust, the cab would begin to sag. I had a 64 that one had to pick up the door bout an inch to latch it.
    Hope this helps,
    Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kamzack View Post
      The other cab mounts are under the rear of the cab on a cross member in the middle.
      Thanks. I assume you are talking about next to where the drive shaft pivot bolts on. Should there be any bushings? I found 2 small triangular shaped bushings in the bed.

Comment

One thing to check is to make sure it is the cab and not the bed. Measure a couple places just to see. Beds were usually treated with a lot of abuse and get pretty beat up. Good thing is there are only four bolts holding it on and two people can easily pick it up and remove. The other factor could be a bent frame. Good luck and happy Champing.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
          Pat, you got some neat Studebaker stuff hiding under that shed!
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
            Pat, you got some neat Studebaker stuff hiding under that shed!
            The '51 is probably one of the more interesting - vintage photo from @1970 below. Irony is that is has been living in a genuine chicken shed since the mid-70s... and that '62 hardtop is sitting on the left side of the Starlight to this day...

Last edited by 62champ; 08-01-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

The Rear Cab Mounts are under the Seat toward the rear of the seat riser, there are special "Tubes" and Long bolts used to secure the rear of the Cab.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Did not mean to get things off track.

This is a photo of where those bolts are located in the cab.

Comment

It's definitely the cab. Now that I know what I'm looking for, hopefully the parts are there or in the bed with some other boxes of leftover stuff.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X