No announcement yet.

Looking for U-Bolts for Rear Leaf Springs on '54 Commander Land Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: Looking for U-Bolts for Rear Leaf Springs on '54 Commander Land Cruiser

Hello Fellow Stude Nuts,

I am looking for the U-Bolts and nuts that secure the rear leaf springs to the axle on my 1954 Land Cruiser. I would like them NOS or new reproduction. I'm installing new leafs and don't want to reuse my old rusty ones.

Part Number is 527986.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

Don't the originals look just like the ones from the parts stores? Big truck repair shops may also have them.
    Mike Sal

Comment

I found U bolts for my 55 truck by simply doing an internet search. There are companies that sell any size you could need. I wish I still had my receipt to give you the name of the outfit I dealt with.

Comment

The Studebaker Vendors are selling the NOS 529169 "U" 4 Inch Bolt for all '53-'66 and '63-'85 Avanti (4 for $30.00).

I don't see how that could fit all Model 23, 27 & 44 axles because it appears it fits the 44.
        And there are 770206 Aftermarket "U Bolt Kits" also available FOR the Model 44 applications for $48.00 a Kit.

StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Any shop that does spring repair should have the machine to make you up new u bolts, you will have to bring them a sample to get the right size width and length. Lou Cote

Comment

My brother was surprised when he stopped by a Little Rock spring shop to buy U bolts. He expected to have to come back later, but he showed the man an old one and he turned to a machine and made some while my brother watched. The whole thing only took a few moments.
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I took a picture of the NAPA U-bolt applications chart last year. Here is a link for it:

NAPA had the ubolts for my Jeepster project, just had to cut them to length.

Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by nvonada View Post
                I took a picture of the NAPA U-bolt applications chart last year. Here is a link for it:

NAPA had the ubolts for my Jeepster project, just had to cut them to length.

Nathan
                This is great, Nathan. I'll take this to my Napa store along with my old ones and see if we can match them up. Appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  The Studebaker Vendors are selling the NOS 529169 "U" 4 Inch Bolt for all '53-'66 and '63-'85 Avanti (4 for $30.00).

I don't see how that could fit all Model 23, 27 & 44 axles because it appears it fits the 44.
                  And there are 770206 Aftermarket "U Bolt Kits" also available FOR the Model 44 applications for $48.00 a Kit.

http://studebakervendors.com
                  Great, thanks a lot Rich. Does my car have a Dana 44?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
                    Don't the originals look just like the ones from the parts stores? Big truck repair shops may also have them.
                    Mike Sal
                    I think I will just take them off and go to the auto parts store, see if I can find a match. Nathan suggested that I go to Napa. Thanks for the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by truckguy View Post
                    I found U bolts for my 55 truck by simply doing an internet search. There are companies that sell any size you could need. I wish I still had my receipt to give you the name of the outfit I dealt with.
                    Okay, think I'll take them off and go from there. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by dynolou2 View Post
                      Any shop that does spring repair should have the machine to make you up new u bolts, you will have to bring them a sample to get the right size width and length. Lou Cote
                      Thanks, Lou. I'll try that if I strike out at Napa.

Comment

Working...
                      X