Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Skybolt Six Decal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skybolt Six Decal

After researching the existence of an engine decal for our Studebaker Skybolt Six(1961-64) it has pretty much been substantiated that it does not exist. Since the valve cover is ribbed it would probably have been attached to the air cleaner. I am going to attempt to produce a decal that will go on the aircleaner. This will be strictly for my own use but I will post a prototype here if there is any interest.
    PS. If I have missed any resources out there that may have some information on the correct decal if it ever existed do please let me know! I have contacted Bob Palma and Dwain Grindinger about this information. Regards Mark
    PSS. The Chevrolet engine utilized for the years 65 and 66 were referred to as Studebaker Super Skybolt Sixes

Mark; close but no Cigar! Actually the '65's had the Skybolt "6" (194) 120 HP, and the '66's had a choice of the Skybolt Six or the Super Skybolt Six (230) 140 HP.

There never were any Engine Decals, for the Skybolt Six.

However, I would suggest a small one like the 1-088 & 1-089 special decal sold by Stude. vendors for the later 259 and 289 (late 1960 to 1964) also with no Decals, that had the same style ribbed valve cover, so the aftermarket decal is chrome foil and small enough to fit between the ribs, it would be cool if it said Studebaker like the
    V-8 ones do!

Also, since Studebaker never used Engine decals on the air cleaner, I would make them fit the Valve Cover.

quote:Originally posted by 007

The Chevrolet engine utilized for the years 65 and 66 were referred to as Studebaker Super Skybolt Sixes
    StudeRich Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich thanks for that information. I like your idea of the decal fitting the valve cover.
      Regards Mark

Comment

Working...
      X