Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year radio

AC230
    Figure someone here knows the application.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

I don't know about AC230, but AC-2300 is an 8 tube radio for 53-54 models, with push button controls. The AC-2301 is a six tube radio for 53-54 models, and has no push buttons. Those units may also be correct for later models too, but I know it's correct for the 53-54's.

G. Howes

Comment

If it really is AC-230, it's gotta be something like a 1930's or older model! I would think you would have a clue to it's approximate age looking at it!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

AC 230 is mis-typed. From 1933 and not a radio.

Comment

Picked up the radio this morning.The last digits of the number have a rust spot covering them so no help there.It's a 6V unit and on the left along with the on/off knob it can also choose Hi-M-Lo which might indicate tone? Speaker sits at a angle below radio.That info help? I can post a pic if needed.
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

If it's a '53-'54 radio, it will look like it is made in two halves, joined together with wimpy steel strips. The knobs should be ribbed chrome, with a dish on the surface facing you. The dial pointer should have a small knob at the end, IIRC.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

If I understand correctly, the 53 did not have the two civil defense locations marked and the 54 an 5 did. the 56 up would be 12 volt anyway.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Working...
              X