Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Koni Shocks may be available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The project is not dead but life got in the way this year. My Step mother died in March, my father in September and in between I had to get a conservatorship over my father who had suffered from dementia for the last 4 years (he was 92). Now I am trying to close out the conservatorship and deal with probate for my fathers estate. That is not all but as I said life has gotten in the way for this last year. I think I need to retire so I have time to work on Studebaker things. So I hope to get back on this soon. Being as I have enjoyed and still enjoy working as an engineer the last 45 years I am having a difficult time deciding when to retire.
    David L

Comment

David,
      Thank you for your update. I am sorry your circumstances have proven to be so challenging and I don't think I am speaking out of turn, but I am sure that we all wish you nothing but the best and will be patient in our quest for your upcoming Koni production run. Your efforts are really appreciated. Your statement that life got in the way pretty much sums things up.
      As you proceed please keep us posted and know that we are thinking of you.
      Cheers, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
        David,
        Thank you for your update. I am sorry your circumstances have proven to be so challenging and I don't think I am speaking out of turn, but I am sure that we all wish you nothing but the best and will be patient in our quest for your upcoming Koni production run. Your efforts are really appreciated. Your statement that life got in the way pretty much sums things up.
        As you proceed please keep us posted and know that we are thinking of you.
        Cheers, Bill
        As Bill said in his December 18th post, we are still with you and I still need front and rear Konis for my 63 Avanti (63R1411). Let us know on schedule and payment details when you can. Thanks for all your efforts on this! Steve in Carson City
        Last edited by Mangusta1969; 03-15-2019, 04:22 PM. Reason: fix a typo

Comment

Greetings, David,

Retire sooner rather than later.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

David

Sorry about your losses but as to retirement, you will still get up in the morning and go to bed at night so you still need to fill the hours in between. As an Organic Chemist I had a great career for 34 yrs with the days filled with problem solving, international travel and interaction with any number of technical professionals. Twenty years ago I found I could retire early and gave the matter a lot of thought. I decided that there were many things I'd missed and the time could be filled with activities I could enjoy.

What I found was a lot of interaction with local folks I enjoyed being with, time in the pole barn with my projects and making any number of new friends through softball and golf leagues. I've lost some relatives and friends along the way and, in retrospect, realize I was able to spend much more time with them than if I had continued working.

My days are full, my stress level and blood pressure are lower and I got to interact with my grand kids as they grew up. Retirement has been great.

The secret to successful retirement is to have things to do and be able to do them. Good luck.

Bob

Comment

Working...
            X