Koni Shocks may be available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 64Avanti View Post
    We are set on the front shocks and 63 and newer rear shocks. We are still working on the rear shocks for 62 and earlier cars (actually that includes the earliest Avanti's). I will update later this week.
    Great! Thanks for doing this!!

Comment

Sorry I don't have the update as I had a Cardiac Ablation last Wednesday and have been off of work since then. I will try to talk to Koni this week about the early rear shocks. There aren't too many that expressed interest in those so the price might be higher. Never thought it would take so long!
      David L

Comment

Any update on these shocks?

Comment

I don't feel a need for Koni's but I do feel a need for new shocks. Since I am new to Studebakers I'd appreciate a suggestion for an OEM replacement. Thanks, John Taylor

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum John!

I sent you a PM (Private Message on the Dark Blue Stripe at the Top of the page), glad you found our Website I recommended.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Looks like I will order the Bilsteins from Kanter, too bad nothing has happened with this...
              '64 R2 back on da road again

Comment

Take me off the list please, no longer interested in these shocks.

Comment

These guys have an interesting site and could build what you want. Could be of value.
                  http://www.shocks2springs.com/TubeSh...gthandmounting
                  '64 R2 back on da road again

Comment

John, my name is Tim Welch. Do yiu currently have serial number 1348? My dad bought this car new and brought me home from the hospital in it when I was born. Do you have any pictures of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Welch View Post
                      John, my name is Tim Welch. Do yiu currently have serial number 1348? My dad bought this car new and brought me home from the hospital in it when I was born. Do you have any pictures of it?
                      Yes sir I have it! I bought it in Jackson Georgia in 1972. I grew up in N.E. Atlanta, and remember seeing this car in the Oglethorpe University / Lanier Drive area back in the day. As to photos, I have one from the time I purchased it.
                      Would enjoy talking with you. I'll send a Private Message with my contact information.
                      John Brissette

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Welch View Post
                        Tim,since you are new to the Forum, and may not know about a Private Message (P.M.).
                        Go to the Top of the page,in the Upper Left portion you'll see the header "Studebaker Driver's Club".
                        On the line below that you'll see "What's New"
                        On the line below that you'll see "New Posts", to the right of "New Posts", you'll see Private Messages. Click on Private Messages and it will take you to your P.M.'s
                        Look forward to hearing from you.
                        John

Comment

Koni Shocks for Avanti

Originally posted by 64Avanti View Post
                          Sorry I don't have the update as I had a Cardiac Ablation last Wednesday and have been off of work since then. I will try to talk to Koni this week about the early rear shocks. There aren't too many that expressed interest in those so the price might be higher. Never thought it would take so long!
                          Hopefully, by now you have solved/recovered from your medical problems. I am still with you on the Koni shocks, as they were the best shocks I ever used on an old Porsche 356A and made a real difference in ride quality and handling of that car (which I thankfully still have!).

Let me know via the forum or via PM if there is any chance of this project proceeding forward. Otherwise, I guess I will try ordering some Konis which I think are still available (with some mods for the Stude) for a 1980 or 1981 Chevy Camaro. I would rather go forward with you and a group order of some sort for the old Studebakers (front and rear). My Avanti serial number is 63R1411.

Thanks and best of luck with your medical issues. Hopefully they are distant in your rear view mirror.

Steve
                          Carson City, Nevada

Comment

I'm still very interested and have a pal who would be a player as well for his '62 GT Hawk.
                            Any updates Dave??
                            Bill

Comment

i have a 56 commander wagon---so I would like front and back shocks --- I am on the Bay area as well...

Comment

Originally posted by 63looks59 View Post
                                i have a 56 commander wagon---so I would like front and back shocks --- I am on the Bay area as well...
                                Which Bay Area are you in? San Fran?
                                sals54

Comment

Working...
                                X