No announcement yet.

64 Hawk Climatizer housing diagram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: 64 Hawk Climatizer housing diagram?

I am restoring a 64 GT Hawk, and need some help with how the components that provide air to the Climatizer are connected/routed. The air get to the heater core from inside the passenger front fender. I have the heater core and housing the covers the core, inside the engine compartment, but need to find/buy/make the pieces that go inside the fender. There is an elbow shaped housing and gasket that attach to the fender wall, and i think a 4" tube that goes somewhere inside the fender? Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams, and/or know where i can buy the elbow shaped housing?
    Last edited by skorch52; 04-05-2017, 12:33 PM. Reason: clarified the first sentence
    -Rory

64 GT Hawk (currently undergoing frame-off restoration; won't make South Bend this year)
    289, 4 barrel, dual exhaust, ps, pdb, originally Astra White/Laguna Blue, DSO E.St.Louis IL

sigpic

I'am not sure just what you are looking for. I can get pictures as mine is a part. There is a fiberglass box the bolts to the inside of the fender at the heater core that has a 4" hose from there to the inlet at the firewall where the heat and air run to the inside of the car. Right behind the firewall on the inside of the car is where your heat fan sits and moves air to the floor or defrost depending on which tube you have open. I think it pulled air from the rt vent on the fender but it's been a while so I will have to look to see for sure. The water hoses run up to a valve on the very rt side of the firewall and then back to the heater core and motor. On- off is controlled from the dash and this valve sits on the inside of the firewall.
    Last edited by swvalcon; 04-05-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

In the Studebaker International catalog they have a blow up picture with part numbers. I found out I had a filter in my 64 and didn't even know about it. I changed it out and got a lot more air

Comment

I've seen the diagram Studebaker Intl has... it does not show a part number for the piece i need, nor does it show where the end of the hose goes inside the fender (lower left corner of the diagram). I'm good inside the engine compartment, firewall and dash.
        -Rory

64 GT Hawk (currently undergoing frame-off restoration; won't make South Bend this year)
        289, 4 barrel, dual exhaust, ps, pdb, originally Astra White/Laguna Blue, DSO E.St.Louis IL

sigpic

Comment

Are you going to make it South Bend with it Rory?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	64bodmp006s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1713165See if this helps any.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thank you bezhawk, that does show a diagram number for the part i need, AC1-18. Now if i could find one... I'll check w/Studebaker International tomorrow, but i expect i'll be calling around.
              -Rory

sigpic

Comment

No i won't LovelandJoe Even if the car were done (and it won't be), I will still be in recovery from a surgery scheduled for next week. But i do expect the car to be done sometime this summer, so we'll be getting it out to some mid-atlantic states events this year.
                -Rory

sigpic

Comment

The part# of this nozzle is 1351471. I hope this helps.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thank you christophe. I called Stude-Intl and they had a used one in good shape so i'm all set.
                    -Rory

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skorch52 View Post
                      Thank you christophe. I called Stude-Intl and they had a used one in good shape so i'm all set.
                      You're welcome. I hope you'll enjoy the restoration of your GT.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X