Key blank number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Key blank number

Can anyone tell me what the key blank number is for the glovebox and trunk on a 1955 Studebaker President State Coupe?

thanks,
    Jen

An expert will chime in-but these might be correct if they are Yale locks, I don't know how to tell the difference, but they may be Hurd and these won't work. http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50001003a
    Be patient----SI servers are in need of an upgrade may take a long time to open-maybe more than one try.
    Your local key maker may not even have a blank as these locks are long since out of production-
    Last edited by karterfred88; 02-27-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Studebaker in that era used Yale locks in the Champion (6cyl) line and Hurd locks in the V8 lines (Commander and President). I am quite certain I have the original keys for my '55 President (4 dr). Upon inspection I was surprised to find the trunk lock key although a Hurd is in fact identical to the Yale key for the same era. If that holds true for your car the source above will work. I believe the key blank number is Y12 which are readily available on ebay at a wide variety of prices. Hurd keys of that era are typically flat on one side while the Yale keys are slotted on each side.

FYI the original ignition key is a Hurd H4 and it is probably more difficult to find.
      American iron, real old school
      With two tone paint, it sure is cool

Its got 8 cylinders and uses them all
      With an overdrive that just won't stall

With a 4 barrel carb and dual exhausts
      With 4.23 gears it can really get lost

Its got safety belts and I ain't scared
      The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

Tried to sell her, but got no taker
      I"ll just keep driving my Studebaker

Comment

For my '55 President Deluxe Sedan I purchased the ignition (Hurd) key blank from Studebaker International. The trunk had no key at the time so I took it to a lock smith and he made up a key. That being said the trunk key did not look correct (generic) so I checked with Studebaker International and they have them in stock, my keys now look like they should.

Hope this helps.
        sigpic
        55 President Deluxe
        64 Commander
        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Thanks for the response.
          Jen

Comment

Working...
          X