Water control valve for '62 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Water control valve for '62 Hawk

There must be another cable operated valve out there that could replace Studebaker firewall one that was easier to locate and a reasonable price...any ideas, maybe Chevy or Ford, Please!

NAPA has a rebuild kit for the Ranco heater control valve in your Hawk which costs around 10 bucks. I rebuilt the valve in my 62 Hawk last year and if you are handy with tools, it isn't a very big job and ten dollars is a bunch cheaper than buying a rebuilt valve from a parts supplier. Bud

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
      NAPA has a rebuild kit for the Ranco heater control valve in your Hawk which costs around 10 bucks. I rebuilt the valve in my 62 Hawk last year and if you are handy with tools, it isn't a very big job and ten dollars is a bunch cheaper than buying a rebuilt valve from a parts supplier. Bud
      Do they make an inexpensive rebuild kit for the '59 Hawk (259) heater control valve??

Treblig

Comment

Try this website( www.sw-em.com/Heater_Control_Valve.htm), maybe will help

Comment

Thanks you guys..
          Going to check with NAPA now that I have part#, but more likely going to contact Jim Tucker for professional rebuild...and he is right here in San Diego, Yea!

Comment

Now that I have valve solution solved, moving on to fender mounted blower for under seat heater, would it be insane to replace with marine 4" bilge blower (under $50)?

Comment

If I remember correctly, the Hawk valves are all the same, so the NAPA rebuild kit will work for all of them. What happened to the blower motor, usually the problem is not in the motor, but dirty switch contacts. At least that was the problem in my 62 GT, both the heater and defroster motors wouldn't run which was traced back to the switches. Living in Southern California neither one of the motors ever gets used so the switch contacts corroded from non use. Bud

Comment

I have an extra blower motor....

Treblig

Comment

Interested in buying the motor could you please send details.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Ron View Post
                    Interested in buying the motor could you please send details.

Sure, I'll post some pics in a while.

Treblig

Comment

It worked fine before I removed it (last year) but I'll do a bench check before selling. It's been sitting in my garage on the shelf out of the weather. You didn't say if you also wanted the bracket and the large white duct?? It came off a '59 Silver Hawk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07387.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	1712585Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07388.JPG
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1712586Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07389.JPG
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1712587Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07390.JPG
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1712588

Treblig

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Ron View Post
                        Now that I have valve solution solved, moving on to fender mounted blower for under seat heater, would it be insane to replace with marine 4" bilge blower (under $50)?
                        What was the solution? Inquiring minds want to know.

I recall putting a Ford inline ball-type valve valve on my Rambler, some 35 years ago.
                        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Just tried to send you personal message to ask about price and shipping but it wouldn't go through using Treblig???

Comment

I just sent you a message, had to "sign in" first.

Treblig

Comment

Not so smart in San Diego, thought I was by buying marine bilge blower, had it all figured out how I was to mount it then by chance thought I should try it out first so hooking new blower up to switch and holding ground wire on battery (-) didn't do anything with key turned to acc., so started car and still nothing so hooked hot side to (+) battery and the thing started right up...switch is faulty. Took the old blower and hooked straight to battery and started purring like a kitten, guess I'll be returning marine blower today...after I hook up old blower to new or fixed switch. Live and learn!Click image for larger version

Name:	Blower 1.JPG
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1712608Click image for larger version

Name:	Blower 2.JPG
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	1712609

Comment

Working...
                              X