No announcement yet.

Water control valve for '62 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have listened to you Bud, you hit the nail right on the head.

Comment

You can disassemble the switches for cleaning, but be very careful as there are ball bearings and small springs inside of switches which will fly out never to be seen again. Also the switches were lubed with white grease that has turned to cement over the years which also causes contact problems. Even if you buy NOS switches, they suffer from the same problems as the original switches. I've had contact problems with other switches such as headlight, instrument light and wiper switches caused by corrosion and petrified grease. Bud

Comment

Haven't worked on blower and switch but I did manage to set up a control valve that works, have no idea what vehicle it is for but now a Studebaker part...it is a Murray 74637 from O'Rielly'sClick image for larger version

Name:	Control valve 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	1712615Click image for larger version

Name:	Control valve 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1712616. Just need to fill the old holes and connect hoses, Tomorrow, Miller Time now!

Comment

Ron if care about ANY originality at all, you need to ditch all that fragile Aluminum Dryer Duct hose and or any White Plastic Dryer Duct like Treblig has.

Studebaker Vendors carry the correct and more durable Wire and cloth reinforced Rubber Heater Duct Hose.

http://studebakervendors.com
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Ron if care about ANY originality at all, you need to ditch all that fragile Aluminum Dryer Duct hose and or any White Plastic Dryer Duct like Treblig has.

Studebaker Vendors carry the correct and more durable Wire and cloth reinforced Rubber Heater Duct Hose.

http://studebakervendors.com
            Agree, maybe. The airflow should be about same with the aluminum ducting, but may be noisier on the road than the rubber stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Ron View Post
              Haven't worked on blower and switch but I did manage to set up a control valve that works, have no idea what vehicle it is for but now a Studebaker part...it is a Murray 74637 from O'Rielly's[ATTACH=CONFIG]62343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]62344[/ATTACH]. Just need to fill the old holes and connect hoses, Tomorrow, Miller Time now!
              Looks functional to me. Albeit not, "correct", if you care about that kinda stuff. LOL

Comment

Being 76 years old just trying to get car to where it looks good and functions properly so I can get some enjoyment out of driving it while I'm still around and able to do so. Yes, it would be nice to fully and properly restore this GT but my main purpose is getting the thing on the road, I'll leave it behind for someone else with more time on there hands to bring it back original if they so desire.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Ron View Post
                  Being 76 years old just trying to get car to where it looks good and functions properly so I can get some enjoyment out of driving it while I'm still around and able to do so. Yes, it would be nice to fully and properly restore this GT but my main purpose is getting the thing on the road, I'll leave it behind for someone else with more time on there hands to bring it back original if they so desire.
                  Though not 76 yet, I can identify 100 percent. Git'er on the road ASAP and enjoy !

Comment

Working...
                  X