Dim Dash LightsT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Dim Dash LightsT

I have spent the afternoon under the dash working on dash lights, gas gauge ,temp gauge,and tac
    I have bought led bulbs for the dash.
    I pulled the Tac for access behind the dash.
    I pulled the gas gauge and found the reason on my 62 GT for dim dash lights.
    There is only one bulb for the g gauge on o pressure .The bulb is in a box that is painted white inside to reflect light mine has yellowed and is dim.the gauges have 4 oblong slots to light the face of the gauges .The slots have plastic covering the slots and the plastic is discolored blocking light to the face.I plan to remove the plastic and seal the slots with clear packing tape.

I made a mistake and did not not which terminal is the B+ on the fuel gauge. Could some one advise if it is the top or bottom .
    Hawkowner

I found out that the white wire with strip goes to the bottom terminal on the of the fuel gauge.
    Hawkowner

Comment

How are you going to remove the plastic in the slots in the gauges? The plastic is a complete flat ribbon inside the case that goes the whole inside circumference of the housing. Use brighter LED bulbs, and just clean yours up with denatured alcohol and a cotton swab.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

With tweezers and a small sizors 1 little strip at a time.The plastic was opake.
        When I pulled the other three gauges the plastic in the windows had melted s
        Shrunk and turned black
        Hawkowner
        Last edited by Hawkowner; 01-19-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X