Accessory eyebrows 49 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessory eyebrows 49 pickup

I have a pair of accessory eyebrows for the tops of the doors of my 1949 pickup. I'd like to find a template for the install before drilling willy-nilly all over the place
    Can anyone help with a copy? I emailed David Mottle, he was unable to help, but did mention that that there was such an animal and if I found a copy, he would also love to have one for the SDC archives.

Brian K. Curtis,
    1925 Duplex-Phaeton ER
    1949 1/2 ton pickup
    1963 GT Hawk custom
    1966 Daytona 2dr

do you have his email address? I have a template that I don't know if he has or not, but never scanned it because I didn't know he was online.

thanks,

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I don't think a scanned copy emailed would be good, as exact size is important. Best to snail mail a good original or Xerox copy.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Not to make a big deal out of a small matter, but those visors were not offered until the 1955 E models -- so they're technically not correct for a 1949 2R truck. That said, it's your truck and your choice.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Nate, from the roster, email: mottle@swcp.com.
          I didn't know that those eyebrows were a later addition. Thanks for that info. The truck we have was built from several, and as a result isn't a true 49. It has a 259 out of a 1955 truck, and has been converted to 12v. somewhere in its past. The build happened in Billings, MT. We bought the truck 5 years ago.
          And Mike, I'll have a look at that door!
          Thanks, All!

Brian K. Curtis,
          1925 Duplex-Phaeton ER
          1949 1/2 ton pickup
          1963 GT Hawk custom
          1966 Daytona 2dr

Comment

If it's more convenient for you, I can make up a paper template from one of my trucks and mail it to you.

Skip Lackie
            Washington DC
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Skip, Thank you, that would work well. I don't have any idea when I could get down to Mikes place.
              I'll email you my address.

Brian K. Curtis,
              1925 Duplex-Phaeton ER
              1949 1/2 ton pickup
              1963 GT Hawk custom
              1966 Daytona 2dr

Comment

I could do the same thing with the parts truck I've got here - make a template.

I was kickin' around in the garage the other day and found a factory template for BU lites on 53-55 sedans and C-K cars.

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                X