Weber 32/36 on OHV 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Weber 32/36 on OHV 6?

Anyone running a Weber 32/36 on a OHV 6?

The Carter AS carb on my son's '61 Lark with the OHV 6 has been nothing but trouble, and after a fighting it for a couple of years, I'm wondering what alternatives might be good.

I have a new Weber 32/36 DGEV Electric Choke carb that I had on my Willys flathead 6-226 for a while, sitting on a shelf, and wondering if anyone has worked with this carb on the OHV 6.

The throttle linkage doesn't look like it would be too difficult, but not sure if it will fit under the hood with the adapter and air cleaner, it might be too tall. I'm going to take a few measurements and give it a shot.

Thoughts?

Here's a pic of the carb I have, on my Willys engine.

I looked at this idea several decades ago. an OHV6 intake flipped over and modified to open the exhaust into intake looked doable.wound up with corvair turbo and Bendix Stromberg 175CD side draft carb. looked at 3 side draft single barrel carbs but they wouldn't work like i wanted, then life intruded. now a V8 fan. Luck Doofus

Comment

The Weber 32/36 has been around a long time and used on all sorts of engines with good results. You you may get a little better fuel mileage too.

At a rated capacity of 135 cfm it's probably not going to make any additional HP, but I'll bet the engine will be smoother at all RPMs.

If it'll fit, go for it.

Comment

Working...
      X