Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

'37 Studebaker body alignment question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '37 Studebaker body alignment question...

The 1937 Studebakers have a curved body line that runs from the point where the nose section grill support attaches to the front fenders (at the forward of vehicle) and continues back as it follows the contour of the fenders rearward. Here's my question for the '37 model folks out there.....Is the grill support (entire nose section) supposed to have a slight "lip" showing, where the fender and grill support meet During "mock-up" the holes for the fenders seem to be lined up pretty well with the holes in the entire nose section, my side hood panels are aligned.....but the nose section still has a slight "lip" where it's raised slightly above the fenders? Any guidence appreciated. Thanks, Jimmy

Just paint it bright yellow and blind anyone that looks that close.
    Mine has the 'step edge' showing a bit.
    I kept it that way (painted steel on painted steel) for several years.
    During the last re-paint I cut and slipped in a welting strip that was body color and it really did minimize the visual cue.
    Minor point, but with a project as nice as yours, I can understand you sweating the details at this point in your build.
    That kind of dedication and perserverance is to be commended.
    But, if all else fails.. Bright yellow[]
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Jimmy Clarke

The 1937 Studebakers have a curved body line that runs from the point where the nose section grill support attaches to the front fenders (at the forward of vehicle) and continues back as it follows the contour of the fenders rearward. Here's my question for the '37 model folks out there.....Is the grill support (entire nose section) supposed to have a slight "lip" showing, where the fender and grill support meet During "mock-up" the holes for the fenders seem to be lined up pretty well with the holes in the entire nose section, my side hood panels are aligned.....but the nose section still has a slight "lip" where it's raised slightly above the fenders? Any guidence appreciated. Thanks, Jimmy
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks Jeff,

Just wanted to confirm that I wasn't just "seeing things". I'm dealing with such close tolerances between the PS line on the rack, and the bottom of the radiator, that even a slight change of angle of the grill support, could be a disaster. As long as I know it's manufactured to have a slight "lip", I can deal with it. Thanks, Jimmy p.s. ultra light beer is for "girly-men".

Comment

Working...
      X