GT Hawk rocker panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: GT Hawk rocker panel

I'm almost positive that there is a slight bow in the rocker panels of C/K bodies. This GT Hawk has a bow that is a little excessive. Any suggestions? Sorry about the poor pic quality.
    Attached Files
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

You're talking the lower moulding ?,I would guess it'll follow the shape of the sheet metal under neath. maybe body rust/rot and heaving would cause that or add to mis aligned panels.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The rockers are pretty much straight and only go from the front to the back edge of the door. Your bow looks more in the lower 1/4 panel and that is a big rust area on the hawks.
      Attached Files

Comment

I would be more concerned about the door misalignment. In the grainy photo it looks like the rear edge of the door has dropped almost 1/4". Perhaps someone has replaced the rocker panel and used the misaligned door as a guide. That would cause a problem like that.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3423.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1711240 Should look something like this

Comment

Mine also has the slight bow, but majority of those I've seen are not bowed at all.

Comment

When I replaced the rocker panels on our GT I had to deal with a similar bow. I just forced it so I could use the same holes in the car. It took quite a bit of pressure to accomplish this.
              Perry
              \'50 Business Champion
              \'50 Starlight Champion
              \'60 Lark Convertible,
              \'63 GT R1,
              \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I finally got a chance to look undr this car. It's a mess, with inner rockers or hog troughs riveted and patched in places and the outer rockers and rear fenders all bondo with no seam separating them. Gonna be a body man's nightmare!!!
                Jamie McLeod
                Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                1958 Commander "Christine"
                1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                1955 Commander Sedan
                1964 Champ
                1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
                  I finally got a chance to look undr this car. It's a mess, with inner rockers or hog troughs riveted and patched in places and the outer rockers and rear fenders all bondo with no seam separating them. Gonna be a body man's nightmare!!!
                  Time to get to know the folks at Classic Enterprises....
                  Welcome to Classic Enterprises where we manufacture restoration car and truck parts for the Studebaker Avanti, Coupe, Hawk, Lark, pre-Lark post-war Sedan, C-cab pickup and T-cab pickup; also Jeep, Willys and the Ford Fairlane 500 retractable and convertible. Visit us at http://www.classicent.com. Reproductions are of the same gauge steel as the original in most applications, or a heavier gauge wherever the original component was too light for its application.

Comment

Working...
                  X