Philco radio wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Philco radio wiring question

Regarding the radio for my 47 Champ, there is a black wire with what appears to be an in-line fuse. There's also a green wire. I don't have a schematic for it. I would assume the black wire would go to the switch??? Does anyone know what the green wire is for? I didn't see a plug for the antenna that looks like what I would expect.

Thanks for your assistance.

The black power wire goes to the accessory position on the ignition switch.

Someone added the green wire. Often these added wires are for an external speaker.

There is a round hockey-puck-like thing on the lower side of the radio case that has the antenna receptacle in it.
    Last edited by RadioRoy; 11-18-2016, 12:35 PM.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Thanks RadioRoy, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Comment

You are very welcome.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Hey RadioRoy, I got a chance to take a closer look at my radio. That green wire is coming out of that hockey puck shaped thing on the side. It appears to coming out of the socket where the antenna wire might plug in. Ideas? Was that green wire supposed to go to an external type of antenna?

Comment

Someone stuck that green wire in the antenna socket to test the radio on the bench

Comment

Working...
            X