Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greyben
    replied
    I believe three brush generators do require a cutout relay to isolate the generator when the engiine is idling or shut off.

Leave a comment:

• skyrider
    replied
    Hello garyash,
    Thank you for your info and help.
    You are very friendly and I appreciate that.

Greetings, Leo NMB

Originally posted by garyash View Post
    My 1928 service manual shows no regulator is used for three-brush generators. The third brush position, set at the factory and usually not adjusted, determines the generator output. Maximum charging rate is at about 25 mph (40 km/hr). On Remy generators, there is also a thermostat on the generator case set for 160°F ( 71°C). As the temperature of the generator increases to 71°C, the thermostat opens, which places a resistance in series with the field, reducing the charging rate by about 50%. Wagner generators did not have a thermostat.

If you need to adjust charging rate, moving the third brush in the direction of commutator rotation will increase the rate. Moving the brush against the direction of rotation will decrease the rate. There is a screw on the end plate to hold the brush in position in its slot.

Leave a comment:

• skyrider
    replied
    Hello garyash!

Thank you for your info and help.
    You are very friendly and I appreciate that.

Greetings, Leo NMB

Leave a comment:

• garyash
    replied
    My 1928 service manual shows no regulator is used for three-brush generators. The third brush position, set at the factory and usually not adjusted, determines the generator output. Maximum charging rate is at about 25 mph (40 km/hr). On Remy generators, there is also a thermostat on the generator case set for 160°F ( 71°C). As the temperature of the generator increases to 71°C, the thermostat opens, which places a resistance in series with the field, reducing the charging rate by about 50%. Wagner generators did not have a thermostat.

If you need to adjust charging rate, moving the third brush in the direction of commutator rotation will increase the rate. Moving the brush against the direction of rotation will decrease the rate. There is a screw on the end plate to hold the brush in position in its slot.

Leave a comment:

• nvonada
    replied
    You may get a good response here but the best place for difficult pre-war Studebaker questions is the Antique Studebaker Club Forum:
    http://forums.aaca.org/forum/21-stud...rskine-rockne/

Good luck!
    Nathan

Leave a comment:

• 1932 Studebaker Commander eight - voltage regulator 6 Volt

Is there a voltage regulator for 6 volts - positive mass for the alternator with three brushes for the 1932 Studebaker Commander eight?
    What is the type? Where can I get this?
    Greetings Leo NMB
Working...
X