Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Webb
    replied
    I take the door upper hinge cover off, polish it & have that piece color matched. This panel is held on with 3 screws & the only thing you have to be careful with is the thin, horizontal weatherstrip on top. This panel isn't exposed to the sun normally & will provide the best sample for a match. The part # for this part for the left is 308155P
    Last edited by Warren Webb; 11-15-2016, 09:53 AM. Reason: include part #

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    UPDATE.
    I found a shop in the next town of McMinnville that can make up a single spray can of PPG-22007 for $22.00. No minimum order so I can get just the amount I need. It is a signal stage acrylic enamel so I don't need to clear coat if I don't want to. For the small areas I need to hit I may not need to.
    Thanks to all of you who offered advice. It really helped. I knew you folks would come through.

Leave a comment:

• T.J lavallee
    replied
    Search paintref.com/Studebaker. Ditzler is now 2207 or Acme-Rodgers 9038. You should be able to get these mixed for a paint bomb. Good luck with the touch up.

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    If you have a small about 6"x 6" flat piece that can be removed. Take it off, polish it the best that you can and take it to a auto parts store that sells paint and have them do what call a profit reading of it. Leave the part so they can tint the color to match the part as best the can. The tint part is where you hope you have a guy that's been doing it for a while and knows what he is doing. If your going to use a spray can or your not a pro go with acrylic enamel not a base clear as it doesn't need to be clear coated or any hardeners added plus it bends easier. Not easy but easier.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Desert Sand is also passenger car color for 1961 & 2. Might be easier to locate it as a car color; not a 'truck' color.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• jackb
    replied
    I painted my 62' Champ truck Desert Sand several years back. I believe it was 2 stage Centari. Later on, I had to repaint the front bumper (same color/not original tho), using Sherwin Williams = totally different color ! What I would suggest is to go to a good (small) paint shop. Have them scan your current paint and make up spray cans. Here it was a minimum of 8 cans @ ~$10./each. How about rims, door insides, dash and inner cab ???GL

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    started a topic Paint: '61 Champ Touch-Up Paint - UPDATE

'61 Champ Touch-Up Paint - UPDATE

I am trying to locate touch-up paint for my Champ Truck. It is painted Desert Sand. I have a paint color chart from Ditzler that shows a paint code of 6156. There is another number printed under the color chip of 22007. This paint was available in Automotive Lacquer as well as Quickset Enamel. I am guessing this is no longer available. Does anyone here know of an existing off the shelf color match? The truck was repainted in the original factory color and matches the paint chip exactly, so whoever painted it either had to find a supplier or did an onsite color match and blended the paint themselves. If I knew did the re-spray I would contact them, but I do not have that information. I am guessing the new paint is enamel, not lacquer.
    I need paint for touch up and would prefer a spray, but will work with whatever is available. C'mon guys, someone out there knows something.
    Last edited by Commander Eddie; 11-15-2016, 09:20 AM. Reason: Update Title
Working...
X