Radio Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Radio Replacement

I have a '61 Lark that someone installed an after market am/fm/cassette unit in the dash. It doesn't work very good at all so I took it out and want to replace it with an am pushbutton radio
    that I think is from a '62 Hawk. The dash has large rectangular hole that doesn't have round holes for the on/off/vol control and tuning shaft to stick through the dash for mounting like I am used to seeing on most 50's and 60's cars. The dash hasn't been butchered so I have two questions. Will a '62 radio from a Hawk fit in a '61 Lark? Secondly am I missing any hardware specific to a '61 Lark like a filler plate of some sort. I have the trapezoid shaped trim plate.
    Thanks

I have a radio from a 63 Lark if you can use it.

Comment

Your Hawk Radio will work in your '61 Lark if you can find a 10 Ohm Speaker to go with it, but you need the Radio Install/Faceplate Panel 1551990.

The '59-'61 Larks had the taller Push Buttons that fit the '61 P/B model Faceplate, so if using a Fully Transisterized '63-'66 Radio there will be a little open space in the rectangular opening, it also has the round holes for the Tuning shafts.

Last edited by StudeRich; 11-14-2016, 07:47 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
      X