License PLate Light??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treblig View Post
    I hadn't thought about it but I guess I'll have to swap out all 4 bulbs (front and rear signals) if I put the LED flasher into the harness?? My plan was to only change the rear bulbs so they would be more visible (from the rear) but once I put the LED flasher in there it will affect all the bulbs that flash (signal)??

treblig
    No, the LED flasher will work with incandescent bulbs too. I used it for a while as you plan, with LED's in back and incandescents in front, it worked fine. I forgot to mention, if you use LED's for gauge panel lights the dimmer won't work, they don't draw enough power.

Kato, my guess is the flashers you got were defective, remember they cost a buck and that included shipping from China. I bought six, two of one type and four of the orange one. Of the six 5 worked.
    Last edited by bensherb; 11-17-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
      No, the LED flasher will work with incandescent bulbs too. I used it for a while as you plan, with LED's in back and incandescents in front, it worked fine. I forgot to mention, if you use LED's for gauge panel lights the dimmer won't work, they don't draw enough power.

Kato, my guess is the flashers you got were defective, remember they cost a buck and that included shipping from China. I bought six, two of one type and four of the orange one. Of the six 5 worked.

Who'd-a-thunk???? I had no idea the LED flasher would work with regular bulbs!! That's perfect, I'll order some LEDs for the rear and leave the front lights alone for now. Oh...which flasher worked best the 2 or the 4 orange, I have plenty of time so I'll probably order from China as well.
      No plan to swap out dash light, my daughter doesn't drive very much at night anyway!!

thanks,
      Treblig

Comment

The first two I bought had a beeper in them. They both beeped but only one flashed and the beeper was ungodly loud, drove me crazy really fast. The orange ones all worked fine, and the flash speed of them is adjustable. I have two in my car, one for the turn signals and one for emergency flashers, both work great. You can get a solid state flasher at Napa, they'll work with any combo of bulbs too but will cost $10-$15.

Comment

Working...
        X