Fender well rocker trim 62 Hawk GTim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Fender well rocker trim 62 Hawk GTim

Looking at pictures of 62 GT,s I see a Crome Strip on the rocker panels and the edges of the fender wells. The carI recently purchased does not have this trim the car was posted on E Bay and it was brown at that time and did not have the Crome installed at that time.
    My queston is was there different trim levels or was the trim an option.I not looked at the car closely to determine if the clip holes had been filled during restoration nor have I Sprung for the $30 plus dollars for the build sheet.
    Thanks in advance for the info

The rocker panel ribbed aluminum molding, and the stainless wheel opening trim was standard on GT Hawks. There was NO delete option. available. ever.
    Someone filled in the holes.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

As bez said they all had it. They tend to get kind of beat up if the car was used a lot. There where no clip holes all they used where screws to hold the mldg on so either they are still there or someone filled them.

Comment

Guess I need to start looking I really like the look of that trim on a black car saw reproduction ad for the rocker molding
        Thanks for the info

Comment

Also see previous thread: 62 Hawk Rocker Trim

My black/silver 62 GT was also missing the rocker trim and I found a used pair.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1461.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	1710052
          Bill L.
          1962 GT Hawk

Comment

I have a mint N.O.S set for sale.
            studebaker@mac.com
            Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Thanks for offer do you have the wheel well trim I just bought the rocker trim?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkowner View Post
                Thanks for offer do you have the wheel well trim I just bought the rocker trim?
                I have N.O.S and nice used ones.
                I can not ship but if you are in the area call me at
                815 two one two 2389.
                Robert Kapteyn.

Comment

I will be traveling to FL in Dec. I will call you if I come that way The good used one would be fine my car is a 10 foot driver not a show piece.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkowner View Post
                    I will be traveling to FL in Dec. I will call you if I come that way The good used one would be fine my car is a 10 foot driver not a show piece.
                    Thanks
                    Call or text me before you come.
                    I have not been going to the shop because of health problems
                    so I have to make sure to ask my son to come
                    815 two one two 2389

Comment

Working...
                    X