Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mbstude
    replied
    quote:When Matthew and Sabrina were very young, I hepled them aquire two keepsakes. A # 43 hotwheels car autographed by King Richard himself, and a bottle of Gatorade signed by the DOC. I hope they keep them both forever.
    Yessir, still got them both. Too bad I drank all the Gatorade before we got there; it was hot in that Avanti! [)]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Hey, It's a Drivers' Club!

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    I found a picture of me and Doc posing in front of his '53 Commander Starliner. Maui Blue with a Cream top. I fell in love with the car, and he was more than willing to take a picture with me. This was in April, 2004 at the First Georgia State meet, in Warner Robins, GA. He won Best of Show with that car at that meet, and I also have a picture of me and him in the banquet room, with me holding the huge trophy.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• rockinhawk
    replied
    When Matthew and Sabrina were very young, I hepled them aquire two keepsakes. A # 43 hotwheels car autographed by King Richard himself, and a bottle of Gatorade signed by the DOC. I hope they keep them both forever.

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Here are a couple of interesting links that mention some of his other interests and projects. I am sure there are more, but these are from the Gainesville, Florida newspaper.http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs...nt=15&source=4

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Dr. Cade's passing was understandably on many national news reports.

Did anyone see or hear a more extensive report in which his Studebaker hobby was mentioned? (I didn't. I was just wondering if any local/regional reports closer to Florida may have included more about his personality and sideline interests that might have included Studebakers.) [8D] BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Dr. Cade's passing was understandably on many national news reports.

Did anyone see or hear a more extensive report in which his Studebaker hobby was mentioned? (I didn't. I was just wondering if any local/regional reports closer to Florida may have included more about his personality and sideline interests that might have included Studebakers.) [8D] BP

Leave a comment:

• DilloCrafter
    replied
    The Yahoo! article mentioned above is the most extensive. At the end of it, I learned that Dr. Cade was actually a Texas native, and graduated from two Texas colleges. If I had a cowboy hat, I'd certainly tip it to you, Dr. Cade.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]
    Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    While I've lived in FL the last two years, I haven't had the opportunity to visit Stephen Allen's or to go to many events. Everyone has had so many nice things to say about Dr. Cade, I'm really sorry I had yet to meet him. My best wishes to his family and may he rest in peace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Leave a comment:

• Lenny R2
    replied
    Sorry to hear about Dr.Cades passing.Sounds like a real
    gentlemam.

Lenny
    Atlanta Ga.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    For my last class of the day at school, I have to drive to the local tech college. I was about half way there, in my Studebaker, when my Mom called to tell me the news. What a coincidence, I find this out, when driving a Studebaker...

Doc was an amazing fella, who didn't mind showing you his Studebaker collection, and showing how a true gentlemen acted. Dr. Cade will be missed, but his legacy will live on in many, many others. I know he touched more than a few lives, mine included.

One of the very few Studebakers he ever sold, was a '56 Sky Hawk. He sold it to my grandad some 15 years ago. The title is still in Doc's name.

Rest in Peace, Doc. I'm drivin' my Stude for you. [^]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• go-studebaker
    replied

Bob was a true gentleman, and helped me out a lot when I was living in Toronto. Bob showed all who met him, what true human kindness, was all about.

He was also a fantabulous Studebaker man with ol Blue taking pride in his collection of Studebakers

Our hearts go out to Mary and teh family at thir tough time.

Greg

Greg Diffen
    Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
    1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
    1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
    1939 Commander Sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards
    1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
    1961 Hawk
    1963 Daytona Hardtop
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I didn't hear of this until watching the evening news (I've been away from this desk most of the day). Wish I could've met the guy, but I think I probably have - many times over, in fact. From what I've heard of him (Like Bob Palma's comments above), he was your typical stalwart Studebaker enthusiast.[^] The only thing that set him apart from the pack was what his ingenuity had afforded him and thus empowered him to do what most of us would do if we had the means! Kind of a "folk hero" of Studedom.

Hats off to you, Mr. Cade![^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Heaven gains what we have lost. His spirit remains with all who knew him.
    I offer my prayers for the comfort of the family.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• rockinhawk
    replied
    The passing of Doc Cade is a loss we will never overcome. I have known Doc, Miss Mary, Stephen, and the girls for 20 years. I will miss him greatly. Neil.

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Leave a comment:

• gaboy
    replied
    Not only did he touch many people in his pursuit of Gatorade (inventor/producer) but also in his pursuit of the Studebaker hobby which showed in his extensive collection! Stephen & the Cade family - we also will miss him & feel your loss.

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    I feel fortunate that I had the opportunity to meet him at one time. He will indeed be missed. My condolences to his family.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Leave a comment:

Working...
X