• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about Dr.Cades passing.Sounds like a real
    gentlemam.

Lenny
    Atlanta Ga.

Comment

While I've lived in FL the last two years, I haven't had the opportunity to visit Stephen Allen's or to go to many events. Everyone has had so many nice things to say about Dr. Cade, I'm really sorry I had yet to meet him. My best wishes to his family and may he rest in peace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The Yahoo! article mentioned above is the most extensive. At the end of it, I learned that Dr. Cade was actually a Texas native, and graduated from two Texas colleges. If I had a cowboy hat, I'd certainly tip it to you, Dr. Cade.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]
        Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Dr. Cade's passing was understandably on many national news reports.

Did anyone see or hear a more extensive report in which his Studebaker hobby was mentioned? (I didn't. I was just wondering if any local/regional reports closer to Florida may have included more about his personality and sideline interests that might have included Studebakers.) [8D] BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here are a couple of interesting links that mention some of his other interests and projects. I am sure there are more, but these are from the Gainesville, Florida newspaper.http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs...nt=15&source=4

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Dr. Cade's passing was understandably on many national news reports.

Did anyone see or hear a more extensive report in which his Studebaker hobby was mentioned? (I didn't. I was just wondering if any local/regional reports closer to Florida may have included more about his personality and sideline interests that might have included Studebakers.) [8D] BP
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

When Matthew and Sabrina were very young, I hepled them aquire two keepsakes. A # 43 hotwheels car autographed by King Richard himself, and a bottle of Gatorade signed by the DOC. I hope they keep them both forever.

Neil Thornton
              Hazlehurst, GA
              '57 Silver Hawk
              '56 Sky Hawk
              '51 2R16 dump truck
              Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I found a picture of me and Doc posing in front of his '53 Commander Starliner. Maui Blue with a Cream top. I fell in love with the car, and he was more than willing to take a picture with me. This was in April, 2004 at the First Georgia State meet, in Warner Robins, GA. He won Best of Show with that car at that meet, and I also have a picture of me and him in the banquet room, with me holding the huge trophy.

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Hey, It's a Drivers' Club!

Comment

quote:When Matthew and Sabrina were very young, I hepled them aquire two keepsakes. A # 43 hotwheels car autographed by King Richard himself, and a bottle of Gatorade signed by the DOC. I hope they keep them both forever.
                  Yessir, still got them both. Too bad I drank all the Gatorade before we got there; it was hot in that Avanti! [)]

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Hey, It's a Drivers' Club!

Comment

Working...
                  X