John H. Bradel Jr. passed away on April 7, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John H. Bradel Jr. passed away on April 7, 2015

John H. Bradel Jr. age 90, departed this life peacefully on Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at Passavant Retirement Community with his family at his side. He was self-employed at Markaloy Mfg. Co. and is a Veteran of WWII and proudly served in the U.S. Navy. He was also a 32o Mason, Gourgas Lodge of Perfection. John was a long-time member of the Antique Auto Racing Association and the Studebaker Driver's Club. In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by sisters Alice Welsh, Carolyn Weir, and brother George P. Bradel. He is survived by his loving family: wife Bea D. Bradel, son Jay (Monica) Bradel, daughter Jody Bradel, son Jeff (Anne) Bradel; five grandchildren: Jay (Jen) Bradel, Drew (Dottie) Bradel, Erin (John) Raible, Christopher Bradel and Heather Bradel, and four great grandchildren: Joey, Lucas, Wyatt, and Liam. John was loved by many people and will be missed by all. A celebration of life will be scheduled at a later date. Arrangements by H.P. Brandt Funeral Home, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA, 412-364-4444 www.brandtfuneralhome.com

Wow, this announcement hit me hard tonight! I've known John for the past 15 years. A truly interesting man, an honest person that I enjoyed being around. Whenever I met up with John at a Studebaker event it was always his big smile and humble manners that made my heart light up. I've been involved with Studebakers since 1972, but his background far surpasses mine. What a great man and human being. I'm going to miss him, but every time I meet up with his son, Jeff, at any Studebaker event, John will still be there!

We've lost one of a kind. May God rest his soul.

Frank Drumheller
    Locust Grove, VA
    60S-W6
    M16-52 '48 Boyer-bodied fire truck

Comment

Thanks Frank for the nice note. Dad always enjoyed your company and spoke very highly of you. Hope to see you again somewhere soon. Jeff Bradel

Comment

Sorry to hear that. John was a fine, fine gentleman.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0411 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1696174
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Didn't know him but when it comes to old timers like that there is nothing finer. Stupid saying but they just don't make em like that anymore. God bless his soul and his loved ones in their time of sorrow,

Dean.

Comment

Jeff, sorry to hear about your dad.
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Sad to hear this. John was one of my first Studebaker encounters way back in the mid seventies. . I will never forget about him. He was a gentlemans gent. My condolences to his family. jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Jeff,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I first met John back in the "old days" and have always looked forward to seeing him at Studebaker functions over the years. I must echo the comments that he was, indeed, a true gentleman. He was one of the people who make the Studebaker Drivers Club special.

Jim
                Jim Bradley
                Lake Monticello, VA
                '78 Avanti II
                sigpic

Comment

Very sorry to hear this Jeff. Your Dad was a true Gentleman. Judy and I always enjoyed seeing and talking with him through the years.
                  Our heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
                  Rest In Peace our Friend.
                  Jim & Judy Sinclair
                  I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

My condolences to you and yours, my friend.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

'So sorry to hear of this, Jeff (and family); if there was ever a man who exemplified, "he had a good run!" it was your Dad: He saved and resaved more Studebakers than most of us will ever see; truly a "neat" guy.

It was my privilege to have been be able to know him. RIP, John.

Jeff, know that you, Jay, Jody and the whole family are in our thoughts and prayers in central Indiana. All the best. Bob & Cari Palma
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Jeff,
                        We are so sorry to hear about your dad's passing. Your dad (and mom) were and are very special to us having always looked forward to chatting with them at the many Studebaker events over the years. He was a fine gentleman and more important to our hobby than most can imagine. And, he raised a fine family of which he can be proud. Thanks for bringing him to the last South Bend International among the many caring things you have done for him and your mom.
                        Please keep us posted about his celebration of life service.
                        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Our sincere condolences.... Was privileged to meet and speak with him a number of times... Great guy!
                          64 GT Hawk (K7)
                          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I bought my '54 Champion from him back in 1996. His enthusiasm for all things Studebaker was unequaled, from what I could see. My condolences, Jeff, for your loss.

Comment

Was this fella amongst the group that drove to the west coat and back? If so, I remember meeting him in Needles, Ca. Condolences to you, Jeff, and your family.
                              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X