• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Feaganes

(from the Studebaker Truck Forum)

We lost another Studebaker Truck Farmer

by Peter Sauer
    His name was Bob Feaganes, he is the one who kick started the STF group again a few years back.

I just received a email that he passed away last night after falling down in his garage and suffering massive Coronary attacks etc.
    If anyone wants to see the email I received then please send me your email address.
    Judy and I met Bob for the first time in Omaha at the SDC International the 3 of us formed a great friendship even though it was short. We stayed in touch over the years with emails, jokes, funny things that had happened to both of us along the
    the way.
    In 2009 I went across Canada and parts of the USA along the way I met some super nice Studebaker people and I got a chance to visit with Bob for a few days also meeting his son, his wife if for only a few moments as she was still working.
    We always stayed in touch and in the spring of 2014 we made it back to his home for a cple of days and he helped us map out a route across N. Carolina as the maps did not show a direct route to Charlotte's, Nascar Track where the sister in law wanted to visit and we had a good time seeing Bob and now I am glad we stopped. His route worked out perfectly getting us there in good order, pulling into the big camp ground and next day over to the track to book our fun for the day.
    I let Bob know that the way he picked was excellent and it also let us see more of N. Carolina and both Judy and I are going to miss him dearly.
    Peter & Judy Sauer
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Aw dammit. Bob Was a good friend. We had some good times together. RIP Bob.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Geeze; 'sorry to hear that. I only knew of Bob, and only positive things. How old was he? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I believe he was mid-70s.

At the '07 IM, I did know many people. Bob sought out myself and nephew Evyn and invited us to lunch. From there we became friends and stayed in touch, albeit sporadically.

I do know that his health had been less than ideal since before I met him. He had a good run; just not long enough.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
        X