Jim Ringquist, Northstar Chapter member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Ringquist, Northstar Chapter member

A dear member of our Northstar Studebaker Chapter has past away.
    Jim Ringquist always had a smile on his face and was a good friend to everyone. We will miss him.

James Dean Ringquist age 69 of Buffalo passed away on December 10, 2014 losing his brave battle with cancer. Jim was born on March 14, 1945 in Fergus Falls, MN to Julia and Elmer Ringquist.

Jim married Andrina Kohn in July 1979. A wonderful and happy 35 year marriage provided priceless memories of all his family including his friends, teaching, cars, rocks, Studebakers and memorabilia, playing guitar, listening to music-The Fabulous Flippers and rock and roll, selling things on EBay, and taking road trips. He loved driving as the journey was always as important as the destination. Jim taught high school chemistry, physics and science for 5 years in Britton, SD, 5 years in Ogilvie, MN and the last 25 years in Rockford, MN. He loved his job and worked hard every day to make sure that his students were engaged and could learn all they could. His students always spoke highly of him and his teaching. Jim spent the last 10 years retired and working on his cars and his many projects around the house and yard with his final project being building a Man Cave. Jim and Andrina did lots of traveling to Arizona, Kansas and South Dakota.

Jim was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and 2 brothers-in-law. He is survived by his wife Andrina; daughter Tanya; son Jon; 3 sisters; 1 brother-in-law and other family members, nieces and nephews.

Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. on Monday, December 15, 2014 at St Francis Xavier Catholic Church, Buffalo, MN. Visitation will be held from 3-7 p.m. on Sunday, December 14, 2014 at the Iten Funeral Home in Delano, Minnesota. Visitation will continue from 9-10 a.m. at the church prior to Mass. Interment will be in the St. Patrick Church Cemetery in Jordan, Minnesota.

Sad, sad news. Jim was a great guy. I enjoyed talking with him about Studebakers and guitars. He will be greatly missed by the North Star Chapter and all who had the pleasure to know him.
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

He was a very nice and friendly person. He was always one of the first to greet me when I would attend a Studebaker event. I last saw/spoke to him at the recent zone meet in Menomonie Wisconsin. I will miss him.

For those that didn't know, his forum name was 'jamesr'
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

He will be missed.
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Here's Jim announcing the trophy winners at the Labor Day car show in 2012:

He was an all-around great guy and a major reason I liked going to club events.

Comment

He and his '55 4 door were a fixture at the Studebaker meets. I'm gonna miss him and his vehicle with the electronic dashboard and his trunk with those big tubed speakers.
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Oh my! I just saw this. This is a sad shock. Jim was a great guy, just talked to him a bit at the zone meet in Sept. He always loved "gold" stuff as that '55 sedan and his '60 convert could attest. I remember him being all over the gold center's on my '53's wheel covers and wanting to know how I got them to look the way they do.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                Oh my! I just saw this. This is a sad shock. Jim was a great guy, just talked to him a bit at the zone meet in Sept.
                Jeff,

I am very sorry to hear that! He sounds like the two Jacks that I knew and miss; Jack Merrill from northwest Washington and Jack Harris from Billings who also left us in the past few years. They would be the first to greet you at an SDC event, and loved talking Studebakers the entire time, and by the sounds of it, Jim appears to have been cut from the same cloth as these two.

Craig

Comment

Small world. At bowling league last night I was chatting with one of the ladies from the league next to ours. She lives out in Loretto and I mentioned that I had been out her way over the weekend. She asked why and I said I was attending a visitation. "You knew Mr. Ringquist?!?!?" Well she had him for chemistry years ago and he was about her favorite teacher. She said it was the only class she looked forward to and told several stories about funny stuff he did that sounded totally like the Jim I knew.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X