Landy Scott (1919 - 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landy Scott (1919 - 2014)

Landy Scott (1919 - 2014) of Milwaukee passed away on Monday, November 3, 2014 at the age of 95 while surrounded by his family. Landy drove his Studebaker powered Midget racer to victories throughout the mid-west between 1946 and 1960. His famous #17 midget is now on display at the Studebaker National Museum, after competing in car shows and Concours in Southern California (L.A. Chapter) for six years. Landy also owned many Studebaker's that he drove off the race tracks, including two 1953's (one Starlight and one Starliner), and two 1959 Larks. Three of his four sons first cars were Studebaker's. One of my favorite photos of my dad's racing career shows him passing an Offy powered Midget at the Milwaukee Mile 100 lap race in 1947, with his Studebaker (fuel injected) powered Midget. The look on the other drivers face is priceless. Landy's #17 "Welch Special" was the only stock block engine to qualify for the feature race.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	landy17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1745067
    Rest in peace Dad, I love and miss you very much.
    http://www.landyscott.com

Thank you for a great presentation and insight into how it was circa the year I was born (1949). Landy was indeed a very happy racer(check his grins in almost every photo). You have great memories to cherish.
    Bill

Comment

Good presentation, but 'sorry to hear of your loss.

'Sounds like he had a good ride. RIP, Landy. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X