Art Cassel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Cassel

I am very sorry to have to inform the Studebaker community of the passing of long time Los Angeles chapter member Art Cassel. Art lived a long and full life and passed away last week at the age of 88.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

RIP, Mr. Cassel.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I don't have enough kind words for Art. Known him since joining the Studebaker followers in the 70's. He and his Lark were true ambassadors for the club. All my best to Muriel and the family.

Comment

I agree with Doug. There are not enough kind words to say about Art. His Coral Lark was at all the Studebaker events in the LA area.
        I just looked at a photo taken back in the 80's when the LA Chapter took a photo of the past presidents of the chapter, and Art was in it.
        He will be missed by all that knew him.

Jim & Jody Turner
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. He was a great person and an avid Stude guy.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

We got to meet Art when he and his wife came to Australia in 1991 for the Tasmanian National Meet, along with Charles and Pat Schnetlage. He was the perfect gentleman and a pleasure to travel with.

Chris.

Comment

Comment

Send it to the TW editor, Ann Turner, email address is in TW.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                X