No announcement yet.

Johnnywiffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you BP. I will miss Johnny very much. Always enjoyed Our talks at International meets, and his stories were fantastic. May he rest in peace.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Can I suggest a "Sticky" in Stove Huggers with a collection of all his stories? Maybe have it closed to replies so we can just re-read at our leisure? I know we can search his name and go that route, but it would be really nice to be able to go from one post to the next.
      Carey
      Packard Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Dads Baby View Post
        Can I suggest a "Sticky" in Stove Huggers with a collection of all his stories? Maybe have it closed to replies so we can just re-read at our leisure? I know we can search his name and go that route, but it would be really nice to be able to go from one post to the next.
        A good idea, Carey, but it would have to be done by a Moderator. No one else has the authority / ability to post a sticky. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I enjoyed Johnny's many posts.
          I'd like to see some of his stories in Turning Wheels. I would think that could happen.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Geez, sorry to hear this. He struck me as a 'character'--and I mean that in the best possible way.

Wish there were more of an obituary, obviously.

RIP Johnny.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Never a dull moment around the man. Family still talks about his card tricks.

Son was so determined to learn the trick, he went back a second day.........only to be fooled again.

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I today snail-mailed a condolence card to Johnny's widow on behalf of the SDC Forum, to the address Mark [Jewell] was able to locate.

'Said we all enjoyed his stories and he could not be replaced.

'Will post here if I get any kind of reply or confirmation. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

There are so many that come in here that you look forward to seeing in person because their personality just shines so. Johnny was one. I never got the pleasure of meeting him in person but like so many of us, when I saw his post, I went right to it knowing full well that it would be entertaining. Most times there was something there too for us to learn, mostly from his school of hard knocks but a smile was present, both from his face (which we could only imagine here) & my own. I'm getting in line with the others here in saying how much we'll miss you. Cant help but think of you when I see a dustbuster, either on the road or at home.
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I have known Johnny " the Texas stripper" since 2001 In Minnesota and talked to him at a number of International meets including 2003 here in California where he bought a 64 cruiser from me and tried to drive it back to Texas and having it over heat in Nevada and needed to leave it there while he was on his way to some other show of some kind, the cruise became one of his stories also sold him a 54 Land cruiser so Johnny and I go back a few years RIP old friend you will be missed.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Working...
                    X