Johnnywiffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnnywiffer

No post from John for over a month, I miss reading his stories, hope all is well.

Mark

Yeah; where are you, Johnny? 'Just saw the results of a 1984 Fiero at auction this morning and thought of you.

'Hope all is well. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey John, we're WAY overdue for another entertaining story!
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Sadly, Mark (Jewell; OP) and I have apparently uncovered some terrible news. Mark asked that I post his findings, which seem to be confirmed here. This appears to be "our" Johnny Wipff of San Antonio...and if so, he passed away the day after his last post to our forum:

http://www.puenteandsons.com/obituar...gs?obId=315746

Johnny, know that your wit and wisdom were always appreciated in the Studebaker community, and you will be terribly missed. It was a pleasure to spend time cajoling with you at the 2012 Springfield SDC International Meet.

RIP, Dear Friend; I wish we could have said good-bye. BP
        Last edited by BobPalma; 10-15-2014, 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I always looked forward to reading about his latest adventure. He always managed to turn a simple occasion into a very interesting story, it was a gift. He will be greatly missed around here.

Comment

So very sorry to hear the tragic news. John will be sorely missed here in Texas, at the meets & on the Forum.
            Deepest condolences to the family.
            Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Not usually short on words, but DAMMIT. :'(
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

This is very sad news. I will miss reading his stories.
                John S.

Comment

He will be missed by many of us. When I saw his name on a thread I knew it would be interesting reading. Who's going to love "dust busters" now?
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

My condolences to the Wipff family.

Craig

Comment

My condolences to the family, also. I am disappointed that there is no obit. Of all the folks I have met over the years, Johnny had to have had
                      a very interesting life. I believe his many stories were based on things in his life. No one could tell stories like Johnny.
                      73 old friend, Jim

Comment

Johnny, you will be and are missed. How this link commenced supports that opinion. God bless.
                        "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Sad news. RIP

He was one of my forum friends, most of who I'll never meet...but I enjoy our interactions at our virtual small town coffee shop.
                          63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

OH MY I've been gone for a couple of days and just checked into the forum to find that Johnny has passed. I don't recall any specific "Studebaker" technical stuff posted by him. However, his entertaining writings, his style, and eccentric manner...truly an example of the "STUDEBAKER PERSONALITY"

A truly endearing character that will be missed by many. May he rest in peace.
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I had no idea and I too, am saddened by his passing. His stories were quite entertaining and I think he got great pleasure from preparing them for the forum. Look for my daddy in Heaven Johnny. He loved his Studebakers and he loved a good story...

Mr. Bill
                              aka Avantiguy

Comment

Working...
                              X