Carl held passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl held passes

Long time SDC and Hamilton Chapter member Carl Held passed away on August 15th at the age of 71. Carl is survived by his wife Jo Ann, 4 children, 6 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. Funeral is August 24th in Hagersville, ON.

Stu Chapman

This is one place I don't go very often but tonight I came when I heard about Johnny Wiffer "The Texas Stripper" passing so figured I would look a little more and now I find Carl held here and am sad to hear about him as I have known him for a number of years and most of all when him and his brother in law and his friend Max flew out to Denver bought a one ton truck and came one out to California to pick up a very nice 53 champion coupe project car that he and his grandson were going to finish, only talked to him a couple of times after that and have wondered how the 53 was going maybe some one else can fill in the blanks. RIP old friend Carl say hello to the Texas stripper when you see him.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

My condolences to the family. It is especially hard for me to read these when the deceased is younger than I am.
      I do not believe that I knew Carl, at least not by name.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hello Bob. I used to travel to Reedsville with Carl and we met briefly the year you did the frame run. Carl ran in to all sorts of problems (mostly picking the wrong guy to work on it) and did not complete the project before his health deteriorated. It did get painted and was partially assembled when his heirs decided to sell. The car remains in Canada and was purchased by a fellow in Windsor On. Met the new owner in Dover and while he is new to Studebaker, not to cars. I expect he will complete assembly and have the nicest 53 Champ in this part of the world.
        Bob
        Bob
        Welland Ontario
        60 Lark Convertible
        64 Daytona
        sigpic
        "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
          Hello Bob. I used to travel to Reedsville with Carl and we met briefly the year you did the frame run. Carl ran in to all sorts of problems (mostly picking the wrong guy to work on it) and did not complete the project before his health deteriorated. It did get painted and was partially assembled when his heirs decided to sell. The car remains in Canada and was purchased by a fellow in Windsor On. Met the new owner in Dover and while he is new to Studebaker, not to cars. I expect he will complete assembly and have the nicest 53 Champ in this part of the world.
          Bob
          Bob I do remember our meeting in Reedsville, I was with Ian Mackellar of Australia, it was after that when Carl and Max came and picked up the car, he had a dream abut doing the car , sorry it didn't happen but that is the way it is so often, RIP Carl.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Working...
          X