William "Bondo Billy" Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnHenne View Post
    I still have the hat Bill gave to all members of alt.autos.studebaker way back in the 90's. Each one was personalized with our name. He used to set up his press and sell shirts at the swap meet in York and also at some Zone Meets. Ellen was at the 2013 Northeast Zone Meet just a few weeks ago.

My wife and I had dinner with Bill, Ellen and their daughter Robin once (the "All girl pit crew.") Great people.

God bless you Bondo.

John Henne
    Shelburne, NH
    I still have my hat too.
    When we (Potomac Chapter) were planning out 2003 Route 66 Trip I contacted Billy about making us matching t-shirts. He came us with a fine design, we ordered them, got them in fine shape, but there was no invoice. I called him and his response was that they were his contribution to our trip- no charge.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

very sorry to hear of his passing, we last spoke after the hurricane last year when we were getting jackets made-very nice man

Comment

I was just catching up on a Turning Wheels and saw that Bondo Billy had passed. I am late to find out and sad to hear it. Ellen,it was my pleasure to have met you and Bill a few years ago when you set up for the South Bend International meet. My wife still has the Studebaker shirt you guys gave her. Please know you are in out thoughts. Rich in South Bend.

Comment

Working...
        X