No announcement yet.

William "Bondo Billy" Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have the hat Bill gave to all members of alt.autos.studebaker way back in the 90's. Each one was personalized with our name. He used to set up his press and sell shirts at the swap meet in York and also at some Zone Meets. Ellen was at the 2013 Northeast Zone Meet just a few weeks ago.

My wife and I had dinner with Bill, Ellen and their daughter Robin once (the "All girl pit crew.") Great people.

God bless you Bondo.

John Henne
    Shelburne, NH
    John Henne
    Shelburne, NH
    Northeast Zone Coordinator

Comment

Such a shame to hear that!! I always enjoyed his stories of his 1956 'J' adventures. He definitely will be missed!

Craig

Comment

"Bondo Billy" will indeed be missed. I wonder if he was able to sell any of the Studebaker-NASCAR shirts he helped me lay out and print before my trip to Bristol a year ago? I had many questions about where I got them and handed out ordering info to several there and since then. My wife and I still wear the custom Avanti shirts he made for us back at the Madison International Meet. He was indeed one of the original "Good Guys". RIP Mr. Glass

Comment

Just got home from being gone a few days and so sorry to hear this. Ellen and Billy seemed to be "made for each other". Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Ted & Mary Ann.

Comment

Each night I read the beautiful and heartfelt comments, thoughts, memories and prayers for Bill. He was a wonderful man and I was fortunate to share almost 39 years of my life with him. Each of you who have written and honored him I thank you more than you will ever, every know. You were all his family in many ways. The picture of us in from of the open cockpit two seater is a PT-19 and when we were dating and first married he would take me up in the plane for sunset rides. We enjoyed her until her engine blew and Bill managed to land her safely on a grassy strip beside the run-way Planes, trains, Studebakers were all his passion and incorporated into our lives experiences. Robin and I thank all of you for being a part of his and ours. Love always, Ellen "Stretch" Glass

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Robin, "Stretch."

Both you and Bill always amazed me when I visited with you, either by phone, or in person. I felt we were friends from the beginning. I don't think either of you ever met a stranger, and were both able to communicate, even with an Okie. <G>

Thanks for sharing Billy with us!
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

Yes, Ellen; thanks for checking in. Truly a great guy! BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by fpstude View Post
                  Tough to hear this. As others, I never met him. However, through the forum and ads, I knew he was a great person.
                  I feel this way. I had several interactions with him on his website some years back, a fun person, whatever your shared interest it felt.

Comment

So sorry to hear this. Bill was one of the first ones to welcome my family into the online Studebaker community back in 2006. I had the pleasure of meeting Bill and Ellen. Had some custom shirts made in Omaha. It was my first International Meet. They were the greatest. I really enjoyed our visits. Ellen we will be thinking of you. If there anything that we can do please just ask. Thank you for your Studebaker Dedication. Bill is missed already. He's in good company still , lots of Good people there.
                    Sincerely
                    Anne F. Goodman
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

My condolences to Bill's family....

Comment

Sorry to hear of Bill's passing. I didn't know him personally, but I followed him on his website for over a decade.
                        Condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

Just got back from vacation, how sad to read the news. Our thoughts and prayers to Ellen and Family, well, to all of us, because he was our Family. As Frank D. said, can't wait to see his latest goodies at THE BIG SWAP MEET.
                          Rest in Peace our friend, your battle is over.
                          Jim & Judy (aka Kay)
                          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

just heard about Bondo Bill's passing. Always enjoyed his stories.. never met him, but Learned a lot from him.

thanks for sharing him with us, Ellen

Comment

Wow! Just saw this today. Haven't seen Bill and Ellen for a few years. I loved to stop by and chat. Great people. RIP, Bill.
                              sigpic
                              Claude Chmielewski
                              Studeski
                              http://www.studeski.com
                              Fillmore, Wisconsin
                              47 M-16 Truck
                              53 Commander Regal HT
                              53 2R5
                              60 Lark VIII Convertible
                              60 5E7 Champ pickup
                              62 5E7 Champ no box
                              62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                              63 Lark VI parts car
                              63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                              64 Commander Wagonaire
                              64 Daytona Convertible
                              50 Champion Regal (parts car)
                              36 Dictator
                              36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Deepest condolences to Ellen & all of the family & numerous friends left behind. Bill was a great guy who loved everyone, & was loved & respected by all of the many, many people he came in contact with. He touched so many with his positive attitude, knowledge, honesty & enthusiasm. His was a life well lived.
                                Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                                X