RIP: Art Unger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Sad.
    I like many didn't know him but it is quite obvious he was loved by so many.
    That's no accident. Sounds like he was one heck of a nice guy.

Dean.

Comment

Just to clear up a tiny misunderstanding. Art was born in Canada. HIS PARENTS came over from Europe, not speaking English, and the family at home did not speak English, and Art first learned English when he started school at the age of six. And YES, he made it his mission to speak and know English better than the others, to stop the teasing.

Thank you for all your kind wishes and kind words about Art; he treasured the many friends he knew through Studebakers over the years.
      I will carry on with TW.
      AT

Comment

Imagining Art now, after a joyous reunion with friends and family who had gone before him, now getting to meet all those fine Studebaker men and women he used to write about, talking Hawks, Larks and Avantis with the likes of Harold Churchill and Sherwood Egbert! Rest in peace Art. You will be missed.

John Waddell
        Studedude1961
        Omaha, NE

Comment

Art and I go back a long time. He was a great person and did a great deal for the club. Jan & I will miss his friendly smile.

Denny L

Comment

When he printed 2 of my stories in one TW issue, I e-mailed and asked him if I was the only one who ever had 2-in-1.

He said, "Oh, did I do that?" I knew he knew it but didn't want me to get a swelled head.

He will TRULY be sorely missed--especially by Johnnywiffer.

John

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
              He became like a familiar friend through his TW contributions. Thousands of us never met him, but considered him part of our personal community. He will be greatly missed.
              Well stated and when I saw his name in this thread, I cringed. RIP Mr Unger
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

One of the giants of our community. Like others, I never met him but loved his writing. RIP.

Brian

Comment

May God Bless you, Art. I never knew ye, but felt like I did through TW.
                  John
                  1950 Champion
                  W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                  Holdrege NE

Comment

I've been offline for the better part of the last week; just logged in and this was the first thing I saw.

Art contributed so much to this club... we are poorer without him.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Bob P: Shouldn't Art's obit be in the Stude passings?

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Clemens View Post
                        Bob P: Shouldn't Art's obit be in the Stude passings? studedick from the lower Ozarks
                        I'm sure Clark will move it there in due time, Dick, but I placed the initial annoucement in General Studebaker Discussion because of its importance. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I had the good fortune to have known Art for many years. He was very passionate about anything Studebaker. May he rest in peace and my condolences to all of his family and friends.
                          Brian Millette

Comment

Working...
                          X