James W. Grube - Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James W. Grube - Pennsylvania

I post this with great sadness. Jim was a good friend, he allowed me to restore his 58 President for him. He will be dearly missed by many. Rest in peace my friend. JS

To view obituary click on link below.

http://lancasteronline.com/obituarie...-W--Grube.html

Last edited by LarkTruck; 01-19-2013, 04:04 PM.
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Jim, sorry to hear about your friend. I absolutely have heard and/or seen his name before. Was his '58 President a pale green and white example? I think I may have seen a car of his at Hershey before, too...did he own an Avanti at one time do you know, or maybe a beautiful beige '59 Lark Regal sedan?
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

'Also sorry to hear of this. The Grubes made a family pilgrimage to The Pure Stock Drags one year and had a wonderful time.

RIP, Jim. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
        Jim, sorry to hear about your friend. I absolutely have heard and/or seen his name before. Was his '58 President a pale green and white example? I think I may have seen a car of his at Hershey before, too...did he own an Avanti at one time do you know, or maybe a beautiful beige '59 Lark Regal sedan?
        Thanks Bill, and yes, that is Jim's 58 President. He did not own a Avanti, but the Lark you are thinking of may be his beautiful Desert Sand 62 Cruiser. The Grube Family has a long history with Studebakers, their father's green & white 56 President is in the SNM. His brothers Dale and Terry have shown trucks at Hershey.
        Jim
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
          Thanks Bill, and yes, that is Jim's 58 President. He did not own a Avanti, but the Lark you are thinking of may be his beautiful Desert Sand 62 Cruiser. The Grube Family has a long history with Studebakers, their father's green & white 56 President is in the SNM. His brothers Dale and Terry have shown trucks at Hershey.
          Jim
          That green '56 President Classic in the SNM is gorgeous! I remember it was a special-order paint job and interior combination that wasn't normally 'available'.
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
            That green '56 President Classic in the SNM is gorgeous! I remember it was a special-order paint job and interior combination that wasn't normally 'available'.
            The color is Ceramic Green, Bill, and you are correct: It was available only on 1956 Golden Hawks and President Classics. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X