Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Wherry (JWW)

From Facebook-

With great sadness, John Wherry Died today at 1:45 pm. Arrangements will be posted on Facebook.

John was a great guy and a great friend. He posted on the Forum as JWW. Some may remember, he bought Molly, my 60 Lark wagon. I had always thought I might buy it back from him some day. I understand he had been ill for a while.

RIP John. The Stude world, and in fact the world at large, has lost a quality person. Godspeed.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Couildn't agree more, Bob. He was a great guy. When I lobbied folks to bring a car to my hometown Greenville, PA car show, John showed up not once but twice...once in his '64 Daytona convertible (TW cover car, Feb. '93) and another year in his red '63 Regal Wagonaire.

John also graciously took me, my sister, and my B-I-L with him in the convertible around the Proving Ground track in '07 at South Bend when we didn't have our own Studes then to do so. I'm sure we slowed him down a bit, but he didn't show it.

Here is John in the first pic in the link, from one of the Greenville car shows, and his red Wagonaire is shown in several photos later in the same link:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ville+car+show

RIP, John.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

Here is the obituary for John. You can also sign the guest book.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pos...90#fbLoggedOut
      Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

Comment

John was a great guy,Brother Master Mason, and Loyal member of Keystone Region Chapter,among others. It was John who took our raffle car to the Wink's show and later to Summit Racing. He was a true gentleman in all ways and will be a real asset to his new home in Heaven.-----Enjoy eternity John--- We who are earthbound will join you in due time.

Comment

'Did not have the pleasure of meeting John, AKAI can remember, but always had reports of his being a really nice guy. RIP. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Sorry to hear of his passing, may he rest in peace.
            JS
            Last edited by LarkTruck; 01-11-2013, 04:01 AM.
            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

John Wherry (JWW) was one of the finest gentlemen that I have met during my 40+ years in the SDC. We enjoyed many great times together, and I will surely miss his friendship and kindness. The Allegheny Region Chapter has lost a great one.
              Jim Bradley
              Lake Monticello, VA
              '78 Avanti II
              sigpic

Comment

John and I grew up seven years, but only a mile, apart. I don't know if we ever made contact with each other in our hometown; I only met him after years in the SDC. Our conversations were more about our hometown and memories of the people we knew and the way things were forty or fifty years ago than they were about our Studebakers.
                These vehicles are just an excuse to gain introduction to new friends, share the moments, and regret the time not spent together when we find them departed.
                Will miss you, John. And the times not shared.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

JWW was a friend to all he met and he never met a stranger, I always enjoyed myself in his company, he had a wonderful
                  personality. He was a rare kind of guy, and leaves a gap in our hearts, God Bless you John, se ya on the other side.
                  sigpicstudeboro

Comment

John w.wherry or j.w.w.

i'M SO,SO SORRY TO HIS FAMILY & THE sTUDEBAKER FAMILY THAT jOHN LOVE BEING A GREAT PART OF. HIS LOVE AND KINDNESS OF PEOPLE AND THE STUDEBAKERS STOOD OUT, HE WAS A DEAR FRIEND OF MINE. I CALLED HIM THE LAST WEEKS OF US LIFE VERY MUCH AND HE THANKED ME FOR DOING SO. EACH YEAR HE WOULD BRING THE RAFFLE CAR FROM ANOTHER CHAPTER JUST TO HELP BOTH CHAPTERS OUT, LAST YEAR DUE TO JOHNS ILLNESS WE DIDN'T HAVE THE KEY STONE CAR THERE AN MANY ASKED ABOUT JOHN AND ALSO WHY NO RAFFLE CAR AT THE SUMMIT STUDEBAKER SHOW. R.I.P. MY FRIEND, WE WILL MIS YOU FOR EVER
                    DON MORGAN, PRESIDENT OHIO REGION CHAPTER

Comment

John was here at my shop at least 3 times a week. We talked Studebakers, girls, and what ever would solve the world's problems. My wife Ellen called him "SUNSHINE". Everytime he heard that he got a big smile on his face. Him and us would meet on Thursdays with a few other local people to enjoy a bottle of wine or two. Everyone that met John for the first time, walked away with a new friend. I doubt if I will ever meet another like him. John was my best friend, and I miss him terribly.

Chester Bealles
                      Last edited by Big Kahuna; 01-27-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X