Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Moffett Tulsa

Lost a real friend, he sold me a 54 Land Cruiser
    William "Bill" Moffett, 82, passed from this life on June 18, 2012, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Bill was born on September 19, 1929 in Topeka, Kansas to George W. and Marie (Strowig) Moffett. Bill met and married Donna Lea Warrington on July 26, 1951 in Stull, Kansas and they have shared many memorable years together. They would have celebrated their 61st anniversary this July. He served his country in the U.S. Air Force. He worked as a Bakery Maintenance Engineer and a Building Engineer for Blue Cross & Blue Shield. He was a man who loved watching car racing and loved animals, dogs in particular. Bill was a member of the Antique Automobile Club Association and the Studebaker Driver's Club. He was a devoted husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, and friend. Bill is survived by his loving wife, Donna Moffett; three children, Caralee Woodson and husband, Tim, Linda Lemley and husband, Joe Roy, and Vicki Ludwig and husband, Rick; four grandchildren, Brandi Harris and husband, Cass, Dustin Woodson and wife, Rebecca, Jennifer Jeremiah and Mariah Jeremiah; four great grandchildren, India Harris, Jude Harris, Sam Harris, and Sara Jeremiah. He was preceded in death by his parents,George and Marie Moffett. In lieu of flowers, contibutions may be made to: Oklahoma School for the Deaf, 1100 E. Oklahoma Ave. Sulphur, OK 73086 or American Kidney Fund, 11921 Rockville Pike, Ste. 300 Rockville, MD 20852. Visitation will be held 12:00-9:00 PM Friday, June 22, 2012 at Floral Haven Funeral Home and Funeral Services will be held 2:00 PM Saturday, June 23, 2012 at the University Village Theatre.

Check the Floral Haven website for directions to Floral Haven or to University Village.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

RIP Bill - condolences to his friends and family.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

My condolences. I remember Bill as being a very nice guy wth excellent Studebakers. We came very close to buying Studebakers from each other, but I do not remember any actual transactions.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Bill was a super guy and had some of the finest Studebakers around. He will be missed.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
        X