Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Reid

Dear fellow Black Hawk Members and SDC friends,

It is with great sadness that I regret to inform you of the passing of Dave Reid on this past New Years Day 2010. Dave collapsed while helping to pack the car for a return trip to Chicago from Michigan where both he and his wife Kathy were visiting family.

I learned of Dave's death this Sunday afternoon from club member Wayne Smida. Wayne explained to me that he received a text message from Mark VanDeventer around 8:51 pm last evening (Saturday) telling him of Dave's death. Apparently Dave's wife Kathy had contacted Mark VanDeventer on his cell phone while Mark was in South Africa with his family.

Anyway, I called Kathy Reid and got the rest of the story today and apparently Dave may have had either a heart attack or an aneurysm. I do not know any other medical details other than there were people who tried to revive him on the spot but he could not be revived. Kathy Reid is still in Michigan and Kathy explained there will be a service in Michigan and another in Chicago for Chicago people. She will probably remain in Michigan for the rest of the week. I gave her my phone number to call me when there are more details regarding a Chicago service.

Kathy told me that Dave's remains will be cremated. I am attaching a link to the funeral home in Greenville, Michigan for anyone who is able to attend the Michigan services. Visitation will be Monday from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 PM at Hurst Funeral Home in Greenville, MI. A memorial service will be held on Tuesday January 5, 2010 at 11 AM from 1st Baptist Church in Stanton with Rev. Ryan White officiating.

I spoke with Steve Goldspiel, Our Black Hawk Chapter President, shortly after speaking with Kathy Reid and told him the sad news. As a result of that discussion, we are going to send flowers from our Black Hawk Chapter to the funeral home tomorrow. I spoke with the florist this afternoon and I will handle the flower arrangement details in the morning. They will be able to get the flowers to the funeral home in time.

Wayne Smida, Steve Goldspiel and myself spoke over the phone of what a wonderful asset Dave was to our Black Hawk Chapter. Among many positions Dave held, Dave was Membership Director for the Black Hawk Chapter. Also, Dave was editor of the Starliner for 16 years. Dave will be deeply missed by all of us who knew him.

If any of you see that anyone has been missed on this e-mail please forward this message to them.

Sincerely,

Don Cuddihee, Jr. Starliner Editor, Black Hawk Chapter SDC

Steve Goldspiel, President, Black Hawk Chapter SC,
    Passed on by Duane Miller, Upper Mississippi Valley Zone Coordinator

http://www.timeformemory.com/fh_obit...locationid=307

Hurst Funeral Home, Inc.
    Greenville, Michigan 48838
    Phone: (616) 754-6616
    Phone: (866) 50H-URST
    Fax: (616) 754-3991
    Contact us with questions and comments
    Web Site: http://www.hurstfuneralhome.com

David Lee Reid
    1948 - 2010

David Lee Reid age 61 of Chicago formerly of Stanton passed away suddenly in Stanton MI. He was born on May 21 1948 in Manistique MI the son of Clayton D. and Micky Brzoznowski Reid. David graduated from Central Montcalm High School with the class of 1966 and also from Michigan State University and from Keller Graduate School with a Masters of Business Administration. He was employed for Saga Food Service for many years and then became a independent carpenter for Trade Shows at the McCormick Place in Chicago IL. He was a member of the Studebaker Club, the BlackHawk Chapter in Chicago and was the Editor of the newsletter for the club.
    He married Kathryn L. Hansen at the 1st Baptist church in Stanton on June 23,1969. Preceding him in death were his father, Clayton and his brother-in-law Monroe Wilson.

He is survived by his wife Kathryn, daughter Holly Reid both of Chicago, his mother Micky Reid of Stanton, sister Jayne N. Wilson of Onancock, Virginia, father-in-law, John Hansen of Belmont, sisters-in-law and brot

There is a photo of Dave on the Upper Mississippi Valley Zone website: http://www.big6sdc.com/umvz/.
    We will really miss Dave and all that he did for the Blackhawk Chapter, the zone, and the SDC as a whole.
    We are now facing the task of seeking a reploacement as Regional Manager for the state of Illinois, contact Duane Miller at dulymiller@netins.net for information as to what the job entails!

duane miller

Comment

Working...
    X