Robert A "Bob" Foust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert A "Bob" Foust

SDC lost a member Saturday evening with the passing of Robert A "Bob" Foust, an early member of the club, and one of the founders of Keystone Region Chapter, Inc.1931 Studebaker President RoadsterOtto Klausmeyer,The Studebaker Drivers Club, and, in 1968, a founding member of Keystone Region Chapter

This is sad. SDC lost a real supporter. Bob was always a gentleman. I have many good memories of him. One that comes to mind is from the early 1970s. We were lined up side by side, Bob in his 1931 Four Seasons Roadster and me in my 1953 Commander Starliner, at the begining of a parade of Studebakers through South Bend. Of course, Bob and I had many other interfaces, including when I purchased a set of Cadillac wheelcovers off of him at Reedsville (maybe York), that I still have. My best to Denny and the rest of the family. Denny is carrying on the honorable gentleman image of his father.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Denny, truly sorry for your gamilies loss but I do know he will now be at peace and will feel no pain as he looks down upon us, the remaining Studebaker guys and gals. I know the advice will continue and we will all appreciate it. We, the Keystone Region are thankful that he and your Mom were able to attend the last Christmas party (12/08) held in Mifflintown. We all will miss him. Thank You Bob for all that you gave both to the SDC and especially the Keystone Region

See you in the future as I write about our past
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Denny
        On behalf of the Nutmeg Chapter, please accept my condolences on your loss.

Chip
        '63 Cruiser daily driver
        '57 Packard wagon on the road!
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

For those who wish to read Bob's full obit. it can be found here:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/centredaily
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Bob is the person who introduced me to the Studebaker Drivers Club; purchased some appliances from him as well. When I purchased the Rockne he was the first person I made a point of visiting.
            Always a gentleman and always genuinely interested in whatever project was current.
            A loss to our local community and to the SDC.
            Sincerest condolences and prayers for the family.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thank you to all who remember Dad. He loved nothing better than to be among the best people on earth....those who loved Studebakers.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeguy

Thank you to all who remember Dad. He loved nothing better than to be among the best people on earth....those who loved Studebakers.
                I did not know him, but wish I would have, from what others here have said. I do know that whenever I pass through Centre Hall, I think what a lovely little town that is. Looks like right out of a Norman Rockwell painting.

Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                '64 Daytona Hardtop
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

as a new memeber of sdc attending the reedsville show for the very first time i remember how welcome he made me feel by inviting me to dinner with his group of friends. a gracious,kind and very entertaining guy who will be missed by any who met him.
                  ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

Bill and Ed,

Thank you for your kind comments. Dad was the real man you indicate, and totally dedicated to Studebakers. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                    X