John Erb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Erb

As some of you have heard John Erb passed away last Friday. John was well known in the performance Studebaker community. I spoke with his wife and there will be a service but it has not been determined when that will be. I knew John starting back in the early 70's and spent a lot of time with him here in California and later after he moved to Nevada. There are many things I could say about about John but I will just leave it with this: John my friend you will be missed!
    David L

This is a great loss to the Studebaker community. RIP, John.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Hmm, sad to hear.
      But as I understand it, he wasn't doing well, so this may be best, "for him". I've been through family deaths with similar problems that John had. I have a good idea that he was far from himself.
      RIP John.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for this confirmation, Dave. John will be missed. 'So sad when a great volume of knowledge passes from the Studebaker community. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          'So sad when a great volume of knowledge passes from the Studebaker community.

Agreed

-TC
          Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

RIP John.
            I am glad I got to spend a couple of very interesting hours with you at the SEMA show a number of years ago. Your Studebaker knowledge was all encompassing and humbling.
            Bill

Comment

I corresponded with John in 1972 when had dreams of twin Paxtons on my Daytona.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090616.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1922351 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110612.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1922352

Comment

As Mike said John was not well the last year or so and had some health problems over the last 5 years.
                David L

Comment

John was a good person and a genuine Stude performance guy. I seem to remember him running a Stude V8 in a 56 or 57 Corvette.

Comment

A huge loss to our group. More like him would be wise to record experiences &/or "how to do's" on You Tube for future generations. Condolences to his family.
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Also worth a mention it's probably due to John's tenure as Chief Engineer at United Engine and Machine, the piston manufacturer, that we still have available the three different 289" piston choices.

jack vines
                      PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                      X