Frank Harvey passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Harvey passes away

Longtime SDC member Frank Harvey passed away on Saturday, Oct. 16th in Florida. He will be interred there during a military funeral, as Frank served in the Air Force a number of years. Many will remember his sly sense of humor and his love for Studebakers, StudeFolk, and Studebaker history. Some of you may remember his mongrel tractor powered by a Studebaker President Straight 8 engine. Frank drove Studebakers as his daily driver for decades - various M, R, and Champ pickups as well as a blue and orange Wagonaire with 5 hood ornaments mounted in a "flight" on the hood. He was a member of the Midway Chapter in Kansas for a long time, as well as in a Florida chapter. He will be missed greatly by his many friends across the country.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Sorry to here about Frank. Nice guy every time I talked to him. I remember the tractor.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Francis Harvey - (baldwincremation.com)
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

His obituary sheds quite a bit of light on an obviously outstanding individual. He no doubt had a full and blessed life who shared part of it in service of his country. His family and friends can be proud to have known him. Thank you for the write up Chris.
        Charlie D.

Comment

It's my understanding many of the young pilots who trained under him called him "Father". They even gave him an award when he retired from the Air Force that declared him "Father Harvey". Frank was beloved by many, and not just StudeFolk. At my first Midway Chapter meeting in August of 1998, Frank made sure to welcome me to the club and we became good friends. About a dozen years ago I fell on hard times, and Frank let me move in with him for 3 months to get back on my feet - no charge. I shall always be grateful to him.

Comment

Working...
          X