Randy Rundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Rundle

Sad to report that our "electrical" friend and proprietor of Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts in Clay Center KS, Randy Rundle, succumbed to pancreatic cancer February 1. This from Ann Turner earlier today.

Randy's passing is a great loss to the hobby; he will be missed. He was always so willing to share his knowledge of anything electrical and helped us many times with Co-Operator tech sessions at SDC International Meets. Six-volt cars and trucks never had such an enthusiastic cheerleader as Randy Rundle; he marketed 6-volt alternators and many parts for Borg-Warner overdrive units used on so many Studebakers and other cars.

Obituary here:

https://www.nsrfh.com/obituary/randy-rundle

RIP, Randy; thanks for your many contributions to the hobby. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 02-04-2021, 03:33 PM. Reason: Added obituary
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

What a bummer! He was so useful to the old car community and he was a tireless champion of six volts. I am so saddened to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

I agree and ditto what Roy said. Randy was great, always willing to answer that dumb question and give great advise.

Mark

Comment

So sad to hear. Randy was such a great resource. I have several of his pamphlets - each one a treasure. He will be missed.
        Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

My sympathies. He has helped me many times.

Comment

What an asset to our hobby Randy was. I always looked forward to his articles in Turning Wheels. I just received some parts from him yesterday and was wondering why he hadn't answered an email I sent a few days ago. Wow! What a reason. I certainly agree with a sentence from his obituary, "His final wish was to make old cars more reliable and fun to drive." Thanks, Randy, you have.
            Perry
            \'50 Business Champion
            \'50 Starlight Champion
            \'60 Lark Convertible,
            \'63 GT R1,
            \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I called him several times with questions and can't recall a single time that he didn't pick up the phone. I purchased some hard to fine auto electrical parts from him over the years and picked his brain many times. a truly great guy who will be missed.

Comment

It's been a long time, but Randy and I ran into each other at a Starbird show in Wichita and ended up talking for hours.... We kept in touch via phones or email, he was always a delight. Informative to the max, pleasant at all times. What a loss for our hobby.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I had the pleasure of speaking with Randy on the phone several times. He was always friendly and engaging, not to mention a wealth of information. It is sad that he has left us at only 62 years old. He will be missed by many in the classic car community.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

RIP Randy.
                    Sadly we never met but I hold a huge appreciation for your contribution to our hobby. 62 is way too young but a big thanks is in order for what you accomplished in those years.

Comment

Sad news indeed. RIP, Randy.
                      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I read Bob's tribute to Randy in the May 2021 Turning Wheels and I thought "what a neat guy!" I'm sorry we lost Randy at such a young age. There's a really nice video interview here from November 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwCp7qnK8Kg

Comment

Originally posted by OldJoe View Post
                          I read Bob's tribute to Randy in the May 2021 Turning Wheels and I thought "what a neat guy!" I'm sorry we lost Randy at such a young age. There's a really nice video interview here from November 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwCp7qnK8Kg
                          That's a great interview, Joe; thanks for posting the link. I choked up, knowing Randy is no longer with us. Such a neat guy; 'gone 'way too soon. Thanks again. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                          X